June RW Cover

In Berlin (Germany) on my

In Berlin (Germany) on my Grunewald run I sometimes see a naked runner pass by (always the same). Odd enough is that the only thing he wears are shoes. Ok, the terrain there is not too barefoot friendly but if already running naked that is the last missing detail :)

Even saw a naked biker twice, no shoes on him.

Welcome, jlubkoll!Hey, we

Welcome, jlubkoll!

Hey, we came out with a minimalist review & buyer's guide before them! Maybe they are just copycatting us? It's time for me to start on the next edition. There's not enough hours in the day!

Sorry. If you are wearing

Sorry. If you are wearing shoes and running with a stride, it is not a barefoot stride!

/last rant ever

Ha!  I hope everyone doesn't

Ha! I hope everyone doesn't start running around naked! Yuck!

Whew!

Whew!

We need to add that to the

We need to add that to the Funny Lines for the Back of My Tee Shirt article.

Ditch those so-called

Ditch those so-called minimalist clothes.

The fact is that you need to listen to your body. Our ancestors didn't wear clothes and they were the greatest runners ever. No, it is true. Also, people who run in clothes tend to go too fast too soon and have a lot of bounce in their stride (running naked self-corrects this bounce for obvious reasons) and this leads to serious injuries. ;)

Funny you mention "bounce",

Funny you mention "bounce", parsethis; I still can't understand how some of the guys around here can run in kilts (although I'm trying to convince my husband to do that too)! ;-) But I suppose BFR doesn't allow for a lot of bounce, as you mention. Too bad hubby runs shod (although he's a forefoot striker...hmmm).

pbarker you changed it before

pbarker you changed it before I could get back and read it! ;-) But like you said, it's a family show, best to keep it that way. LOL

None of the guys here are

None of the guys here are willing to come forward huh? If you run long enough your body has other priorities for blood flow, and you don't have to worry about bounce. And that's reason enough not to run naked as far as I'm concerned.

I love my kilt.

I love my kilt.

Support Your Club

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Raramuri7