Joint Special Operations 10K

I got to run this one on Veterans' Day. The course followed a series of tank trails through Fort Bragg training areas. Killer hills abounded, along with loose sand and pointy golf-ball+ sized gravel in 2 long sections. Out of 668 runners, we had probably 40 in VFFs, with another 40 or so in Merrill trail gloves and a few in racing or sprinting flats (with spikes removed). Not a bad showing for minimal running, particularly since I'm the only one I see around post running in minimal shoes, much less barefoot. The 1.5 miles of massive, chunky, sharpened gravel dissuaded even me from going it barefoot. Good run, though. It was lots of fun.

Love to hear the forces

Love to hear the forces running minimal! That's a huge improvement. If we can change the military's thinking, perhaps we can change the public's thinking.

Wow, that was a big

Wow, that was a big minimalist show.

Glad you had fun that's what running is all about isn't?

How cool. I have to admit

How cool. I have to admit that I'm jealous though. I looked up the run and it sounds like such a blast. The minimal shoes doesn't surprise me as much though. Here at Campbell the SF guys are all ABOUT their VFF's.

Support Your Club

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hadashi jon