Is this a legit Medical Institution?

I wouldn't give her much credence because of these two comments:

Going barefoot in public places, especially those that are unfamiliar, puts feet at risk in several ways, Priesand says. Stepping on foreign bodies – think glass, dirt, or other debris on the ground – can create cuts, blisters, or scrapes that can become infected. Infections can breed easily in places where hundreds, if not thousands, of people are walking.

Priesand says athlete’s foot or nail fungus is a common risk of going barefoot and can make the feet itchy and tender.
I've been barefoot a lot in my life, and I know that stepping on foreign bodies was something I naturally avoided. The only exception was when I was stepping out of a car into what looked like grass and weeds, but it was completely covered with bullhead stickers. I forget my age, but I'm guessing between 12 and 15. But had I been walking on the sidewalk or street, I would not have stepped into that.

The other shows her ignorance (in light of my personal experiences) in regards to athlete's foot, etc. They require moist places to breed and grow. Bare feet are dry most of the time, and never encased in breeding places, which are what shoes are.

I think barefoot or not boils down to individual preferences, but to sound an alarm when the danger is very small (smaller than the dangers most footwear cause), shows an ignorance of the facts.

This is based on me being barefoot a lot for over 60 years.

Last edited:
Reactions: Mark Halstead
More:

Splinters going unnoticed. In my experience, if they are unnoticed, that means they are only in the callus, not the part of the foot where they could cause a problem.

Minimalist or high heeled shoes don't give much support.

Well, I think no one should wear high heels. As for minimalist shoes, the bones, muscles, and tendons are supposed to be what support the foot/arch. Requiring support is a sign that the foot is not healthy.

She seems trained in orthodoxy, and probably doesn't know anything, really, about bare feet.

I think @Random has said it best on these topics and is someone who speaks from experience.

This so-called doctor is ignorant, and it’s a shame people will actually follow incorrect advice.

Reactions: Random
I think it is an ignorant article too. Anyone going barefoot knows the hazards and actually looks for them.
Plus it just becomes second-nature.

I think we are evolved to live barefoot, that our biological systems are designed through the process of natural selection to provide our feet with protection from the "risks," that callouses develop as a key element of those systems, and that this "doctor's" ignorance is indicative of a much bigger problem in our society -- that doctors do not become doctors anymore by learning the intricate workings of the body, but instead are trained to serve specific functions in the economy, regurgitating BS they actually know little about, but are trained to memorize and repeat, for profit; they are essentially overpaid drug pushers.

Additionally, Nature is Supreme and humans are delusional to think their own inventions are somehow superior to natural selection. Shoes cause substantial problems for the feet, which in turn causes other problems for the body/mind. Shod societies are afflicted with substantially higher rates of violence and crime than barefoot societies. Maybe there's a correlation.🤔🤔

We need to stop living in virtual reality and reconnect with Nature, in general, as a species.

I think we are evolved to live barefoot, that our biological systems are designed through the process of natural selection to provide our feet with protection from the "risks," that callouses develop as a key element of those systems, and that this "doctor's" ignorance is indicative of a much bigger problem in our society -- that doctors do not become doctors anymore by learning the intricate workings of the body, but instead are trained to serve specific functions in the economy, regurgitating BS they actually know little about, but are trained to memorize and repeat, for profit; they are essentially overpaid drug pushers.

Additionally, Nature is Supreme and humans are delusional to think their own inventions are somehow superior to natural selection. Shoes cause substantial problems for the feet, which in turn causes other problems for the body/mind. Shod societies are afflicted with substantially higher rates of violence and crime than barefoot societies. Maybe there's a correlation.🤔🤔

We need to stop living in virtual reality and reconnect with Nature, in general, as a species.
Well thought out. I couldn’t have said it any better myself.

Reactions: Autistic Spider

Support Your Club

Natural Running Center

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Raramuri7