Is Barefoot Running Therapeutic for you?

The reflexology thing

The reflexology thing that Abide showed is very interesting.

I wanted to get a foot massage by someone trained in reflexology to see the affects on the body.

Could a vigorous foot massage be equivalent to running barefoot? I think it is possible.

I agree, Josh.  I was looking

I agree, Josh. I was looking for the Like button myself. ;-)

Barefoot TJ wrote:I agree,

Barefoot TJ said:
I agree, Josh. I was looking for the Like button myself. ;-)

Content or avitar?

Well, it surely wouldn't be

Well, it surely wouldn't be the avatar for me. Silly! ;-)

Yes, I'm a girl.

Thanks TJ and Joshh! Was

Thanks TJ and Joshh!
regular_smile.gif

Was worried this was overshare. Not too many people in my social circle want to hear about my dirty foot adventures.

tonic wrote:Thanks TJ and

tonic said:
Thanks TJ and Joshh!
regular_smile.gif

Was worried this was overshare. Not too many people in my social circle want to hear about my dirty foot adventures.

You're new still...this is "Overshare Central"!! No judging here...let it all hang out! ;o)

-Jonny

Yes, Jonny, I was going to

Yes, Jonny, I was going to say you are at the BRS, after all.

That is so cool bparker, I am

That is so cool bparker, I am getting ready to do employee training based on the book SPARK.

I spent my whole life competing, high school, college scholarship, semi-pro track, then semi-pro road racing (never made the money the pro's made but did well), and a very short stint in masters where I was 2nd at two national championship road races..then my world crashed and the injuries kept coming.

I am new to barefoot running, but after foot surgery last year, I really made a commitment to give it a good try. I love the feel of foot on the grass, ground....that's what I love about yoga, and camping - sleeping on the earth. I am looking more for a spiritual connection with my running and no longer looking for the intrinsic rewards that were so part of my world.

I love reading all the stories and stuff on here....we all have a story.

Steph

paintboy wrote:The rest of

paintboy said:
The rest of the world slips away over some chip seal. :)

Joshh said:
I almost exclusively run trails and I have learned the (very) hard way that letting one's attention stray from the next step is a bad idea.

Amen! After a long, emotionally exhausting day at work, there's not really a much better way to wind down than to go for a long barefoot run. Running with shoes was always a pretty good release, too, but on the right terrain, barefoot running requires much more concentration, which is exactly what I need.

Thursday was just "one of those days," but after 4.5 miles of roads and dirt trails scattered with acorns in the pouring down rain and then a nice, hot shower to finish it off, the world was looking a million times better. :)

Just finished the book Spark

Just finished the book Spark by John Ratey from Harvard. It is all about the therapeutic nature of exercise on the brain. Fascinating

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9uR8XMeOcVk&list=PL0BEC2EB1C9701779&index=9

Support Your Club

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hadashi jon