Is anyone else wary of running on grass?

Definitely a spammer, Gkikas.

Definitely a spammer, Gkikas. And I mean, I'm not TJ or anything so maybe she'll get on me for saying this, but carry on with the $

Gets me

Gets me every time! I could've gone on and on, too... felt kinda snarky this morning.
tounge_smile.gif

I don't think Tamara (that's

I don't think Tamara (that's my name too) meant any harm you guys. The oxymoron sucks, we all know that. But an oxymoron like barefoot-running shoes only lends more credibility to the real thing, brings people closer to running barefoot and away from traditional boat anchors (and perhaps leads to the boat anchors' demise), and leads to safer, healthier, happier running. I can deal with the term.

What I can't deal with is when a race sponsors a "Barefoot Specific Division" but bans and turns barefoot runners away at the door and only allows VFF or Merrell runners to take part. That pisses me off. I'm all for the footwear Merrell makes, and I will support the company, since I believe it can only lead to healthier running, I'll even humor the oxymoron "Barefoot Shoe Division," should they actually change the name of their division, but using false advertising, calling a division something it is not, refusing to let true barefoot runners to take part in their Barefoot Specific Division ticks me off!

Newton running shoes are the farthest thing from running barefoot and should be classified as a traditional boat anchor, one that has injurious effects. Tamara, you guys really should remove that shoe from your list of so-called "barefoot-running shoes."

Barefoot TJ wrote:I don't

Barefoot TJ said:
I don't think Tamara (that's my name too) meant any harm you guys. The oxymoron sucks, we all know that. But an oxymoron like barefoot-running shoes only lends more credibility to the real thing, brings people closer to running barefoot and away from traditional boat anchors (and perhaps leads to the boat anchors' demise), and leads to safer, healthier, happier running. I can deal with the term.

What I can't deal with is when a race sponsors a "Barefoot Specific Division" but bans and turns barefoot runners away at the door and only allows VFF or Merrell runners to take part. That pisses me off. I'm all for the footwear Merrell makes, and I will support the company, since I believe it can only lead to healthier running, I'll even humor the oxymoron "Barefoot Shoe Division," should they actually change the name of their division, but using false advertising, calling a division something it is not, refusing to let true barefoot runners to take part in their Barefoot Specific Division ticks me off!

Newton running shoes are the farthest thing from running barefoot and should be classified as a traditional boat anchor, one that has injurious effects. Tamara, you guys really should remove that shoe from your list of so-called "barefoot-running shoes."

Sometimes it's easier to get forgiveness than permission. Find a cheap pair of those shoes and cut the sole out, BAM, problem solved!!! Granted, you should be getting extra credit for showing up nude from the ankle down to a "Barefoot" division race, but getting around it through a little misrepresentation could be a fun jab at the idiocracy of the thing, yeah?? Also, there are some really good body paint artists out there...

-Jonny

Military IntellegenceAct

• Military Intellegence
  • Act naturally
  • Good grief
  • Living dead
  • Synthetic natural gas
  • Temporary tax increase
  • Barefoot running shoes
What do they all have in common?

THEY DON'T EXIST

Minimalist! MINIMALIST!

Why don't they get that. If they are going to SPAM, Get it right and rename your damn website!

Yes, I love the idea of

Yes, I love the idea of cutting out the bottoms of some shoes and running the Down & Dirty! Why not? They lie, we lie, we all get along! Ha!

Barefoot TJ wrote:Yes, I

Barefoot TJ said:
Yes, I love the idea of cutting out the bottoms of some shoes and running the Down & Dirty! Why not? They lie, we lie, we all get along! Ha!

Maaaaan, you totally should! I wonder if they would DQ you if you crossed the finish line with the shoes turned the wrong way from running in them with no sole, like your legs were on backwards! The comedic value alone is priceless!!! LOL

-Jonny

That is hysterical!  Jason

That is hysterical! Jason said we should get barefooter to run the Merrell events without permission. Like Nike says, "Just do it!"

Well, my opinion is if you

Well, my opinion is if you need shoes to run on a grassy field you have some serious issues.

I know there is occasionally stuff in a field, but come on stepping on something isn't the end of the world. It seems like we are becoming a bit too soft here people.

LavaRunner wrote:Military

LavaRunner said:
  • Military Intellegence
  • Act naturally
  • Good grief
  • Living dead
  • Synthetic natural gas
  • Temporary tax increase
  • Barefoot running shoes
What do they all have in common?

THEY DON'T EXIST

You forgot to add "honest politician" to your list.

I was thinking about "dead

I was thinking about "dead drunk" last night.

Support Your Club

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Raramuri7