interesting piece in Army Times on minimal shoes

Precious baby, Sam.  Welcome!

Precious baby, Sam. Welcome!

Cory, I really haven't read

Cory, I really haven't read much on it. I've only heard rumors through the grapevine.

TJ, I agree. My son is pretty awesome! Thanks for the warm welcome.

unshodsam wrote:ajb422,

unshodsam said:
ajb422, there is one branch that has it "right" as far as fitness tests go: the Marine Corps.

I just got out of the Army in July and had the pleasure to do part of the Marine Combat Fitness Test (CFT) with a detachment of Marines that I worked with at the time. The CFT is in addition to their more traditional Physical Fitness Test (PFT) and, as the name implies, is a test of an individual's fitness in situations likely to be found in combat. Along with quickly being able to move a casualty and carry ammo, it involves a two mile run in full uniform; boots included. I honestly hope the Army adopts something similar to the Marine CFT since it is the closest test I have seen that mimics any type of combat condition. I was surprised at how grueling a short boots 'n utes two mile run was!

Yeah I don't know why everyone makes fun of the marines for being "jarheads". People can say whatever they want but they by far seemed to be more logical about everything than the other branches. My husbands technically in the Navy (corpsman) deployed twice with the marines, once with the army (yeah army...no clue why). None of them ever made a bit of sense to me other than the marines. He actually makes all his navy peoples run boots 'n utes when he's in charge of pt. It gaurantees he's not in charge of it often.

Support Your Club

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Raramuri7