I'm confused...

don't let anyone fool you,

don't let anyone fool you, it's a brothel :-D

Can we talk about giant scale

Can we talk about giant scale R/C aircraft?

My son is on the aircraft

My son is on the aircraft recognition team at his aviation college, and he could'nt tell me what it was.

Is it a real scale model, or is it an R/C specific design?

Its R/C specific. I am an

Its R/C specific. I am an aerospace engineering student and my colleges aero design team designed and built this plane for the SAE international competition in California (we got 1st in the advanced class :) ) . Your son might find this interesting: on the wings are flaps that deploy on their own during high angles of attack, this changes the shape of the airfoil and gives the plane more lift helping it to level out/ achieve more lift at these high angles. Theoretically it can create over 10% more lift at these angles. The technology is biologically based from the observation of birds. This is a newer concept in wing design and still needs testing (it did post positive results in our schools wind-tunnel), but it seems to work (the club president is doing research on it with a professor) and produce low reynolds numbers.

Now THAT is cool!I've

Now THAT is cool!

I've watched the Helio Courier's leading edge slats micro-adjust themselves as needed based on AOA, but I must say I've never thought about trailing edge devices doing the same.

I'm still trying to talk TJ into joining me at the 5K in two weeks Saturday morning at EAA Airventure Oshkosh, maybe we can convince you to make the trek as well!

Thing is once you're there

Thing is once you're there you don't need much money.

The camping is cheap, and although the wristband will set you back, there's nothing else to spend money on except food, which can be easily done at the grocery stores.

Now buying that dream homebuilt kit is another story........

30,000 people camping on the field itself, 3,000 show planes, 30,000 total aircraft,

there's nothing like it!

You should be able to round up a few fellow students to share the ride and fuel bill, as well as the campsite fee.

The 5K is just the icing on the cake!

Now you're talking my hubby's

Now you're talking my hubby's language, Kean.

Board, Scott said there would be 700,000 people there. Surely, he's BSing.

He just got his IFR (working on Commerical, then twin), but I don't want him to fly there in a little Cessna if it's raining; so, if it is raining, I might have talked him into the whole family flying in commerically. If so, I hope to beat you at that 5K! Stay tuned...

We've not missed a year since

We've not missed a year since '90, and the attendence has ranged from 700,000 to 950,000 in that time.

Given the current economic woes , 700,000 this year sounds about right.

Two BF runners might be a bit more than that conservative crowd at OSH can handle, but formation flying, formation BFRunning, it all seems to fit just fine.

So then we will hold hands

So then we will hold hands with our arms outstretched?

I was thinking more

I was thinking more like switching off being each other's wingman type of thing, but your twin-boom idea sounds like fun as well!

Support Your Club

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Raramuri7