I have hit an odd point in my transition…

Abide

Barefooters
May 13, 2010
My speed has been disappointing to me and I am officially switching back to shoes. No I’m just kidding.
Well I was out and about this morning and I just realized that for the first time my feet were ready for more than my body? I was running on a very rough road and I it cam to me that I was going so slowly because my legs just weren’t there. So I forced it and my feet had no problem cruising over the difficult terrain. Alright break time is over body, time to get to work.

Don't make me come over

Don't make me come over there!

Seriously, that's great! I would love to be able to get off my ass and have my muscles screaming at me and my feet telling me to go, go, go! :cry:

nature runner wrote:Abide

nature runner said:
Abide said:
My speed has been disappointing to me and I am officially switching back to shoes. No I’m just kidding.
Well I was out and about this morning and I just realized that for the first time my feet were ready for more than my body? I was running on a very rough road and I it cam to me that I was going so slowly because my legs just weren’t there. So I forced it and my feet had no problem cruising over the difficult terrain. Alright break time is over body, time to get to work.

I have the same problem man, it makes me frustrated sometimes. I can run better now since I have been getting my asthma under control. I was like you before that, my feet were fine but the legs felt like jello! Then when My legs and feet were fine I couldn't breath, then I went to the doc and he said I had Restrictive Airway Disorder, the lungs wouldn't open up and it could had caused a massive heart attack. But, now i am better and enjoy my short runs, I am not much of a long haul runner.

Abide wrote:My speed has

Abide said:

Haha sorry, although I have

Haha sorry, although I have to admit it hasn't been all fun and games and I am still trying to kick the most recent bout of TOFP. I'm thinking at this point it might just be tendonitis and something I have to deal with daily for a while.

Hang in there you two, things will find a way to work themselves out.

So did you look a bit like

So did you look a bit like the road runner by the time you found your groove? meep meep :p

Love break throughs, go Abide go!

That's exciting to hear! I

That's exciting to hear! I know I'm new so I don't know much about your transition, but that thought excites me. It gets frustrating for me to not be able to get more distance in. Shortly before I started my transition I moved my running to the mornings, having to get up an extra hour earlier, then getting on with my day. I still get up early, but the extra 30-40 minutes of just sitting around knowing I "should" be out running drives me nuts! Either way, congrats man!

I wish I could say I was

I wish I could say I was going fast, but I had done speedwork the last two days so that is why my legs were so tired. So it was pretty slow hehe.

Ryan, I have been running barefoot for about a year now, oh wait this weekend is my one year anniversary. The last time I wore high heels was at the Chicago marathon last year. It gets really hot down here, so this summer I took it easy from running. I also started doing more crossfit in the spring so physically that has kept me in pretty good shape, actually really good shape. I would highly recommend it if you need something else to keep you busy. Now our running season is starting so I am starting to pick it back up.

It does get better, it still hurts sometimes but long runs are much more enjoyable now than they ever were.

A HUGE congrats on your one

A HUGE congrats on your one year anniversary, Buzz!

First off, let me second the

First off, let me second the congrats on 1 year, that's super cool. Thanks for the tip on the crossfit stuff, I've actually had a few people tell me I should look into it, but I don't even know what it's all about. I think I might have to do some research, I could stand to get a little more exercise!

Support Your Club

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hadashi jon