I have developed holes in the balls of each foot

So went out for a 3 mile run

So went out for a 3 mile run today at more my natural pace and really paid attention to my form. Running downhill I most definately leaned back more which led to my feet coming out more in front of me. The reason I found why I do this is because I am holding the stroller back from taking off on me because there are intersections and lights that I have to be able to stop for if need be. Not sure how I can rectify this while pushing the stroller unless I just never run hills, which means I would have to drive anywhere just to run. Not a good option for me.

I also noticed knee bend. Depending on the terrain and how tired I was dictated how much knee bend I had. I ran laps on wood chips in the park today and noticed that on this stuff I had much more knee bend than when on pavement. On the rougher almost chip seal like portions of my route I had more knee bend as well. I also noticed that as I got more tired near the end of my run my legs tended to straighten out some. Gonna have to work on that and I tried today, but I kept catching myself creeping upwards.

I also did a sprint the last 1/4 mile of my run and noticed that I have more body lean forward and my feet land farther back than when I am running a nice easy pace. My feet help up beautifully today over all, so I also think maybe my feet just still need to toughen up a little bit.

On a sidenote, wet leaves sucks when it's 36 degrees out. There were a ton of leaves today which also caused me to get a bruise across the arch of one foot as there was a larger branch hidden underneath them that I stepped on. I don't think it will slow me down too much though and the branch went crunch, so I think I won.
bigsmile.png

Sounds like you've identified

Sounds like you've identified what I consider normal running for bare feet, even while pushing the stroller. As far as the holding back on the heels, you have no choice, so you will just have to deal with it, try some other way, or walk down the hills if it becomes a real problem.

Other than that, how are the holes? Get any new ones this time?

My feet have done really well

My feet have done really well overall the last couple of runs. Only some minor discomfort, in a couple spots from Fridays run with Mike and this morning my feet were a little tender after my run but now they feel fine this evening. I am going to run bare I think tomorrow again and see how I do. I'm hoping my pads aren't to thin and I wear through them. After running in some new areas I've really come to know my neighborhoods sidewalks as similar to really coarse sand paper which will wear your feet down if you don't have good form. Running a few times in some new areas I've found there is some really nice sidewalks that feel almost slick to run on because they are so smooth. Anyhow, I think my form is mostly good but needs small tweaks here and there which I'm trying to identify and correct.

Well TJ, today I ran 4 miles

Well TJ, today I ran 4 miles all barefoot and my feet are fine. At least, my right foot is fine and my left foot I know what I did that tore a hole in it. The last half mile I picked up the pace and then I tried to sprint the last 1/8 mile and during this sprint, which was uphill while pushing stroller, I had to use bad form in order to get the stroller up the hill and tore a slight hole. It's nothing bad so hopefully will only take a couple days to heal or so. Nothing that will stop me from running, I may where my huaraches or Adams for next couple days till it heals though.

I think you have answered

I think you have answered your own question then. ;-)

Support Your Club

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Raramuri7