How to film your form?

Andy Tomlin

Barefooters
Oct 15, 2011
Newmarket, UK
I'm really trying to make a go of BF proper this year (now the weather is warming up) and want to sort out my form so I can lose the twist in my ankle which causes me to tear up my soles. For this, I think it would be beneficial to get a video of me running so I (and then maybe you lot) can analyse it to see where I need to improve.

However, I have seen a number of form videos where someone runs past a static camera and you only see them for 2-3 steps. Even the tracking camera shots aren't great as I think you need to be perpendicular to the running direction to be able to see a lot of things. This brings me to the moving camera videos (as seen in Dr Mark's stuff). Has anyone made one of these? How did you film it? My wife is willing to help, but she is neither a confident driver, cyclist or able to run as fast as I'd like while holding a camera steady. Any suggestions?

Reactions: Gidds
I made a camera mount for a bicycle and I can just attach it to my wife's bike then all she has to do is press record and start riding without having to hold the camera.

Support Your Club

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Raramuri7