Hiya! from a newbie runner

GoMelRun

Barefooters
Sep 22, 2010
I signed up here over a month ago, but never really had a chance to really see what this site has to offer.

My name is Melyssa and I'm a newbie runner. I just learned how to run in July using the c25k program. I knew I didn't want to run in shoes so I ran in my sandals. After I completed the program, I went and finally bought a pair of KSO's. I was super happy that day. I've run my first 2 5k's in my Vibrams, and use them for all my runs.

But now I am incorporating barefoot runs into my weekly training sessions, and it's really been awesome. As with many, I did too much at first and received some TOFP. I have since then reduced my time and distance when going barefoot. I am running both on the treadmill and outside. I do prefer outside, but the treadmill helps with hill training since I live in a flat area.

Aside from being a newbie runner, I am also a wife to an awesome husband who still thinks being barefoot is weird (ha), and a mother to my preschool son.

Mel, welcome to the BRS!

Mel, welcome to the BRS! We're happy to have you here while we all share our "journeys". ;-) See ya 'round the BRS!

Welcome, Mel!  Glad you

Welcome, Mel! Glad you decided to check us out.