Hip Flexor Issues

BillBlack

Barefooters
May 24, 2011
Hello everyone. Last week I decided to pay attention to what everyone keeps telling me and just relax during my running, to let my body do its thing and try to land without pain. That worked out good for a couple of runs, my at issues almost disappeared. Then one morning the at was back and my hip flexors were sore and tight. I googled the topic and read that tight or sore hip flexors can cause at. I had always thought it was the other way around. I figure I have inadvertently done something to over stress the flexors but can't think of what it might be. Can anyone shed any light on the topic?

Bill

What sort of running were you

What sort of running were you doing? I have different soreness when I do speed work, compared to my normal pace and then again a whole other set of muscles hurt when I run at a slower pace with my wife. Both may have been from the change in your form. Hard to say for sure without seeing you run.

I can tell you that my right achillies was sore off and on for the first 6mo I ran in imimalist shoes and barefoot at the back of my heel. I did ice cup massage, rested when I needed it and was sure to let my heel come down when I ran and I don't have that issue any more.

-Jonny

My hip flexors always hurt.

My hip flexors always hurt. Its my genetic weak point I think. I found bikram yoga to be the best thing for it. A month or so of that and everything is loosened up. Nothing I ever do or don't do with running makes a difference.

pilates is great core work.

pilates is great core work. i've done yoga for years, maybe hatha, not sure. i love yoga but pilates works the core big time. give that a try.

Jonny, I was plodding (for

Jonny, I was plodding (for me) along at between a 9:30 and 10:30 pace. I did a speed run today and had almost no discomfort. But then again, most of the time I dont feel it until much later. I'll pop back in and compare my regular run results and speed run results.

ajb422, I haven't done yoga but I do workout with kettlebells. Last night I for some reason decided to do a bunch of kettlebell snatches and the next morning there was significantly less pain.

Bill

Support Your Club

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hadashi jon