Hi I am back

WienerDawg

Barefooters
May 16, 2010
Some of you my remember me. Had a real bad last 2 years. but I am back.gonna start running again tomorrow...no really!! Its time to start getting my sh!t back together and be me again. To all the old timers Long TIME No SEE and to the New guys Welcome!!

I feel like a runner already

Reactions: CUbE
Some of you my remember me. Had a real bad last 2 years. but I am back.gonna start running again tomorrow...no really!! Its time to start getting my shit back together and be me again. To all the old timers Long TIME No SEE and to the New guys Welcome!!

I feel like a runner already

Bout time you showed up SLACKER! :p
Welcome back OLD, OLD friend. So do you care to share why were you gone for such a long time?

I'm sorry, and you are...?

Ha! Teasing, teasing! Where the hell have you been?! :smug:

Well about three years ago I started dealing with depression, never had it before did not know what it was. I would go for a run and instead of feeling good I was depressed AND sweaty. After two years of my wife begging me to get help I finally went. I was diagnosed as having PTSD from getting shot when I was in the Navy. This was THIRTY YEARS ago!
So I figure the VA gotta be experts at this type of thing. I have been working with them for about 8 mos now and I am about 85% back to my former self. My experience with the VA has been excellent.
I am all outta shape pudgy its awful!! I did run today a whole half a mile LUNGS OF FIRE!!

Its good to be back

It's good to have you back. I'm sorry you're having to deal with depression. It's an evil beast. Sounds like it's leaving you. Hopefully, it will leave you alone...forever. And, thank you for your sacrifice. I've heard good things about the VA...and bad ones. It's good to know that you are having a good experience, right when you really need it. There's a recent thread here about depression if you care to search for it. I didn't follow it closely, but it might have some help for you. Again, glad you're back. I did think about you from time to time for awhile there, therefore the earlier joke.

I had a bad impression as a kid because about the VA because they really dropped the ball when Vietnam Vets came back apparently they got there act together, I did get the joke!
Hey Dama I ain't that old! I don't get to old old status until another couple of Days

Reactions: Barefoot Dama
I had a bad impression as a kid because about the VA because they really dropped the ball when Vietnam Vets came back apparently they got there act together, I did get the joke!
Hey Dama I ain't that old! I don't get to old old status until another couple of Days

Sorry that you had to go through that Daw, I am just glad that you finally listen to your wife and seeked help, it's really good to know that you're on the mend.
Stay put here with us now and don't you disappear again-OLD FRIEND;)

Welcome back Dawg! Always good to see an old face.
:cheers:

Waitaminute. Who's this WeinerDawg character and why was I not notified about him, earlier? I don't think I'd trust him...he seems cagey.

Hey Dawg - welcome back, I reckon? I showed up a little bit over a year ago whilst you were on hiatus and have hung on like a nasty infection, so we haven't met, yet. Sorry to hear about the Depression and whatnot - I battle the Big D myself at times, and it ain't no picnic. Well, it might be a picnic, but it's a crappy picnic with bad weather, bugs aplenty and awful sandwiches made with cheap cold cuts and "processed cheese food" served alongside stale chips. Certainly nothing you'd read about in Sunset Magazine, that's for damn skippy.

What? Am I rambling? This is not my beautiful house. Where's my meds?

Hello. I don't think that I was around when you were before. I'm glad that you are getting help. If you aren't already, I would suggest looking into EMDR with your therapist. My clients tend to really like it.

Reactions: Barefoot Dama

Support Your Club

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Raramuri7