Help With Blisters

Barefoot Everett

Barefooters
Jan 13, 2012
Mt. Misery, NJ
I'm a new barefoot runner having only about 100 miles unshod so far. I ran a 6.7 mile trail run with a group form a local running store this morning. This was not my longest distance or fastest pace but the trail was not very friendly to the newly bare foot. I felt great while running and enjoyed the looks of amazement mixed with disgust from the very gracious and friendly group. For the first time I developed large blisters on the balls of my feet below the big toes and can barely walk on them. What should I do to get back on my feet ASAP? Thanks

When I got my last blister I

When I got my last blister I just waited for it to pop, cleaned it and bandaged it, but others probably have better ideas. Worked for me though. But blisters like that usually tell me someone is pushing off with their toes instead of just picking up the feet.

You can try "Ask the Docs" or

You can try "Ask the Docs" or maybe, better yet, check in the archives for old threads that have gone deep into blisterology. As I recall, the jury was still out on whether or not to puncture and drain. FWIW, I always took the flamed needle route, but then, my only brush with blisters was pretty small scale.

Good luck!

If you can't dig up the old threads, ask TJ for a little help. She's a wonder at that sort of thing.

Support Your Club

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hadashi jon