Help me find a minimalist shoe.

Go Barefoot

Barefooters
Oct 25, 2011
Grand Island, NE
About a month ago either in the gear and footwear or product reviews forums (I think) there was a minimalist shoe in a photo crumpled up into to a tight ball in a persons hand showing how lite an flexible it was constructed. I was trying to back track on this web site to refind this shoe and maybe it was on another link from this web site. Can anyone recall where it was I saw this or at least the manufacturer or name of the shoe. The shoe had a very thin sole and consisted of straps that covered the entire shoe to hold it on your foot. Beleive it had a strap/s around the heel also. Has anyone tried this one out running or even used it maybe as a casual shoe. Please help if you can. Thanks!

Could've been a ZemGear shoe?

Edit: Or did you mean the Altra Adam? Here's a review with the shoe rolled up:
http://unshodandunashamed.blogspot.de/2012/03/minimalist-shoe-review-altra-adam.html

DSC_0196.JPG

I didn't see the post, but it could have been sockwa g2 or 3. I have a pair and they're about as minimal as you can get.

Edit: I skipped a ahead too fast a missed what you wrote about the straps. The sockwa doesn't have straps, I still recommend them though.

The minimalist shoe I saw looked similar to this picture but of course the sole was very thin (maybe 4 mm or less cant remember)and was flat with no added heel height. The upper construcion was similar to this shoe in that the whole upper part was straps and it was open all over like this one. I remember the photo showing it crumpled up in someones hand and after searching like crazy on the internet and looking at different shoes it appears like there are many minimalist shoes that can be crumpled up like this. Woodsman those sockwas look interesting. 1.2mm soles that sounds great!

I wasnt the BeNat either. After searching around trying to refind this shoe on the internet I never realised there was such a huge line of so many kinds of minimalist shoes available. Not really sure if I will ever find the one I saw but everyones ideas may lead me to try some of those mentioned. Appreciate the help though!

Support Your Club

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hadashi jon