Help! Dig or not to Dig

Stoplookinatme

Barefooters
May 20, 2012
I have a raised bump, less than 2mm diameter, on my heel way on the outside. I have had it for about 3 weeks now with no change. It hurts when I press on it and feels like something may be in there, but does not hurt when I walk because it is too far outside.
I first noticed it after I ran with socks for the first time on a treadmill as a winter alternative to barefoot. At the time I saw no bleeding and it never looked like there was a puncture. I thought it was some kind of irritation because of my socks rubbing there. However, now I wonder if there may be something in there since it has not changed and still hurts when I press on it.
Should I try and check in there with a pair of tweezers, soak it in Epson Salt, or leave it alone? I really don’t want to go to a doctor for a little bump that really isn’t bothering me.
Thanks,
Jim

That's a hard call, soak it with the salt and see what happens.
If it softens enough to dig in it do it.
Do you see an entry point?

I would suggest you consider seeing your local podiatrist and get it looked at. It may be nothing however, it does not sound like a callous formation from your description. Better safe than sorry

Support Your Club

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Raramuri7

Latest posts