Hello from the Netherlands

Daniel Planerunner

Barefooters
Apr 19, 2011
Hello All,

I wish I would have found the BRS sooner! I'm a 38 year old American living in the Netherlands, where I think I am the only minimalist-shoe runner around. I have lived here nearly nine months and have not seen one other.

I have been running in VFFs since Feb 2010, and exclusively since June 7, 2010. On June 6 my wife and I ran our first half-marathon in my normal this-is-what-they-sold-me-at-the-running-store shoes. On June 7 I needed ibuprofen to get out of bed because my knees, hips, and ankles all hurt so bad. I have logged many miles over the past year in KSOs and Bikilas without an injury (knock on wood) and without pain killers. The initial interest in minimalist running was from Born to Run, of course, and as the weather turns nice here I am going to set out truly barefoot.

After becoming less of a newb around here, I may start the Netherlands national chapter. I hope someone beats me to it, but if I hang out awhile and no Netherlands chapter pops up, I will volunteer to be a chapter rep for NL. In addition, if anyone is in the Eindhoven area, I am training to show my VFF enthusiasm at the 2011 Eindhoven Marathon. Let's get together at the start and run with pride.

Thanks for reading my piece and I look forward to hanging out around here.

Daniel

Welcome, Daniel.  Get a few

Welcome, Daniel. Get a few people in the Netherlands to want to join with you, and we'll get a BRS chapter started for you, no problem.

Allllrighty then!  I'll get a

Allllrighty then! I'll get a post started in another forum area as a place to start. And I'll have to run more to find some Dutch barefooters. Surely they are out there...

Deal.

Deal.

I thought I saw another Dutch

I thought I saw another Dutch BFRer a while back on here somewhere. Hopefully he or she will pop back up now that they're not alone. Welcome from another former expatriate (it was 3 years in Deutschland for me). Do wooden clogs count as minimalist footwear? Maybe if you plane enough wood off the soles and carry tulips while running.

Hi Daniel and others,of

Hi Daniel and others,

of course there are more barefootrunners from the Netherlands. Here is one. Have been running BF for almost four years. I live in Amersfoort. I know there´s actually another BF runner in the neighbourhood and two weeks ago I saw a woman here running in het vibrams. And I had some workshops from someone here who always runs in the feelmax shoes. He is a really fast guy (marathon in 2.40). So they seem to be everywhere?

If you can get at least three

If you can get at least three people to join you, we will start a chapter for you. Counting you and Daniel, you only need two more. :) Email me at [email protected] when you've got at least two more. Thanks!

Hey Expats!I am new to the

Hey Expats!

I am new to the BFS as well as to my VFF shoes. Been running in them for about a week and am looking forward to many more miles to come. I am on summer holiday in WA, but live just outside of The Hague. From what I can tell, there are three of us on the forum but from three different cities in NL. If one of you guys gets a chapter going in NL please let me know. I have a good friend that turned me on to VFF shoes and would be interested too. I am hoping to do my first half marathon at the Leiden Marathon in May 2012 (date?) I won't be ready for Eindhoven. Let me know if you guys want to meet up in the spring in Leiden.

Dui!

Chad

Support Your Club

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Raramuri7