Hello from Korea!

Man on Soles

Chapter Presidents
Oct 17, 2010
Hello fellow BF ladies and gents.

I've only been a member here for a week, and thought I'd better say hi before it gets too late.

Well, as you've read by now I am in South Korea. I'm in the Air Force, and I'm in search of fellow BFRs to begin an educational running group here on base. As you may or may not know, there has been recent military media coverage regarding Vibram FiveFingers and barefoot running. In an effort to curb the injuries on the grasshoppers associated with poor form and too far too fast, I want to start a friendly, non-competitive group on base focused on delivering sound advice and information regarding BF running. Since, I have literally no experience organizing such a group I am humbly asking for any advice or assistance in the matter.

Thank-you!

-Man on Soles
cool.png

As another new forum member

As another new forum member to another, welcome! :)

It'll be great to see some of the tips you gain from other posters, as well as what's already available here at BRS. I would also be interested in organizing some sort of minimalist/barefoot runner's group or clinic once I'm at my first permanent base (leaving for OTS in a little over a week). I wish you success with that endeavor!

Contact me when you're ready,

Contact me when you're ready, Blue, and we'll get you set up.

Welcome and thanks for your

Welcome and thanks for your service!

Some food for thought. Most of us are inherently competitive, so to compbat this how about combining some type of cross training initially where you can all get the fire out and then go for a run? Or use the run as a warm-up?

I wish I was competitive with

I wish I was competitive with running. But I absolutely suck, Abide. I am a slow turtle. I just have no sense of urgency when I run. Now when I was younger in gymnastics, I was very competitive and very good.

Where's Wendy when you need

Where's Wendy when you need her? Seriously, does anyone know? Still injured?

Thanks for the advice

Thanks for the advice Abide!! That actually may be just the thing I'm looking for to better appeal to these hard-headed military folk! Oh, and Blue, the best of luck with your endeavors! It's proving to be a difficult thing for me these past few days. I'll post something soon to log my progress. (would anyone care to read that?)

-Man on Soles

Ok, so I wasn't exactly clear

Ok, so I wasn't exactly clear in my last post but here's another member at the Osan AFB: http://barefootrunners.org/build2/user/bfwendybird She can probably help you out once her foot heals, if nothing else to serve as a good example. I mean, if a 40 year old woman with rheumatoid arthritis can do it a 20 year old soldier should too, right?

Wendy may even want to become

Wendy may even want to become a member or co-chair with you.

Support Your Club

Natural Running Center

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Raramuri7

Latest posts