Hello from Germany

susafras

Barefooters
Feb 26, 2011
Freising, Bavaria
Hi folks!
regular_smile.gif

My name is Susanne and I just joined the Barefoot Runners Society. I live in Bavaria, Germany and am currently looking forward to the warmer temperatures of spring :)

Started barefooting last year around this time. At first in VFFs, then the real thing. It felt very awkward at first and it took me several months to build some confidence. When I finally had my breakthrough, on a sunny 17th October, it soon became colder. Tough luck.

But I still remember the easy feeling, when being barefoot all of a sudden was the normal way to be. When I walked with ease and confidence on all kinds of surfaces, and even managed to jog for 10km (a little over 6 miles).

I began barefooting because I had many problems with the feet, knees, hips and back. This all became better, but still a long way to go.

Would be nice to meet fellow barefooters and I shall try to find a running event on 1st May to propagate some barefoot running.

Have a great day!

Susa:)nne

Herzlich wilkommen! And

Herzlich wilkommen! And yaaaay for another barefooter in Germany! I also just started bfing this last fall and can't wait for spring to finally spring!!

Schön, dass du da bist. :)

Willkommen Susafras,there

Willkommen Susafras,

there are a good 5-10 Germany-based barefooters in the BRS. About half of them are German, and half come from other parts of the world (USA mostly)--I am in the latter category, but have lived and worked here for over 10 years. Manchmal schreiben wir auf Deutsch, manchmal auf Englisch.

You may wish to join the Germany chapter. We are pretty spread out, some in the Rheinland (Düsseldorf, Bonn, Mönchengladbach), Frankfurt, Külmbach.

I am also the main coordinator for the entire IBRD on 1 May (it was originally my idea, so I want to see it through). Barefoot Jake (based in Rattingen), said he was going to do an IBRD event in the Düsseldorf area. If he doesn't, I will do one here in Bonn.

You may want to set up an event in Bayern. Let me emphasize: "Setting up" is really easy. It means that you decide on a place and time where you want to run on 1 May, and then enter it into the form (follow the link at barefootrunners.org/ibrd). It would also be cool if you could circulate some of our information to local running clubs.

Let me know if you have any questions (gerne auch auf Deutsch, und gerne per private message oder email an [email protected]).

I hope you enjoy the BRS!

VG

Paleo

Susanne:Gruss Gott, und

Susanne:

Gruss Gott, und Herzlich Wilkommen! Your English is excellent, und mein Schwaebisch ist jetzt sehr rostliche. I lived in Stuttgart for almost 3 years in the mid-1990's, and it is still a second home for me. I have many friends there; in fact we visited them last summer for 2 weeks.

Once it warms up, you have some of the most beautiful country in the world to run in. Enjoy, and I hope you can meet up with some of our other Deutscher und Deutscherin runners. If not, you'll just have to get some people near you interested in your "crazy new hobby" so they will join you.

Tschuss!

Phil

Thank you very much for the

Thank you very much for the warm welcome! :)

Hi Chelsea!

Only a few more days and spring will be here. Yesterday at noon I already managed to walk barefoot for about 2.5km. It was so good although the ground was still quite cold. :) :) Where do you live?

Hi Paleo!

I am already trying to spread the word, because barefooting did so much for me. Each time a runner tells me of all the ails and problems he has, I can't help but have to talk about the benefits of barefooting. The IBRD is a very good idea, and I'm looking forward to getting the T-Shirt and wearing it on 1st May. :) I shall try and find a local event because Duesseldorf and Bonn are a bit too far away.

Have you read about the 1st Annual Barefoot Run in New York on 10th Oct last year? I liked the idea a lot. A nice round-track and everybody can do as many rounds as they like. :)

Hi Phil!

Now I'm curious and would like to hear some of your Schwaebisch! ;) Stuttgart is a beautiful city.

Dear all,

I forgot to mention a few things. I'm living in Freising, a small town 30kms north of Munich, and I'm working at Texas Instruments. Got my colleagues used to the fivefingers already although they are shaking their heads. ;) As of this year I will be running in age group F/W 50. :) I have a four-legged personal trainer called Leila who runs barefoot even in winter. Wondering how she does it. The cold doesn't seem to be a problem for her, only the salt sometimes.

If you have a facebook account, we could also connect there. Here's the link to my profile: http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100000200375505

My activities are logged on two web-sites, runningfreeonline and the km-spiel. Would you like to join the km-spiel? We could found a barefooters group there, but we need at least 5 participants. The km-spiel is a virtual run around the world and you are competing against other groups in 6 leagues. Runningfreeonline is a fantastic sports log, and if you have a GPS gadget for logging your runs, you might enjoy this site a lot. Here are the links:

http://www.runningfreeonline.com/Profile/UserName/SusaFras

http://www.kmspiel.de/2011/user.php?lid=6802

Happy running! Have a wonderful time!

Sus:)anne

Stuttgart is indeed a

Stuttgart is indeed a beatiful city, as is all of Southern Deutschland. We would love to come live there again, an option which I am currently exploring. Mein Schwaebisch is not so bad. I speak pretty much correctly (so much so that Deutscher Volk often start speaking back to me like I'm a native speaker); the problem is my vocabulary, which is fairly small, but has gotten smaller with 10 years of disuse. Much came back to me over the 2 weeks we spent visiting with friends last Summer, but I'd need a few months of regular use and daily vocabulary additions to get it workable.

Tschussle!

Hi Susanne, The Barefoot

Hi Susanne,

The Barefoot NYC event last October was, indeed, great fun. The second one will be on September 24th and 25th this year.

Come on over!

Hi Susanne!I'm in Frankfurt.

Hi Susanne!

I'm in Frankfurt. Not exactly right around the corner from Munich, but still a lot closer than a plane ride over the Atlantic to most of the other folks here. :) Ich bin Amerikanerin aber bin seit 2006 in Deutschland. Ich bin auch mit einem Deutschen verlobt und habe vor, heir zu bleiben. :)

I strained something in my ankle almost two weeks ago (TMTS in my VFFS...dang wet weather!) and haven't been out since, but the sun has been shining SO BEAUTIFULLY all week that I'm hoping to get out tomorrow or Sunday at the very latest.

@Paleo (and Jake):

I'd love to participate in an IBRD event, but I really don't have the time to organize it this year. (International wedding planning...sheesh!) Is there any word yet on where it might be?

Phil Hart wrote:Stuttgart is

Phil Hart said:
Stuttgart is indeed a beatiful city, as is all of Southern Deutschland. We would love to come live there again, an option which I am currently exploring. Mein Schwaebisch is not so bad. I speak pretty much correctly (so much so that Deutscher Volk often start speaking back to me like I'm a native speaker); the problem is my vocabulary, which is fairly small, but has gotten smaller with 10 years of disuse. Much came back to me over the 2 weeks we spent visiting with friends last Summer, but I'd need a few months of regular use and daily vocabulary additions to get it workable.

Tschussle!

Good morning, Phil!

Use it or loose it... isn't it the same with anything in one's life? I bet your vocabulary will be great soon, should you be able to come and live here again. I like one-word-a-day for improving my vocabulary (http://owad.de/). Even though this is aimed at Germans trying to improve their English, it might be interesting for you, too. :)

Found some similar websites which will send a German word a day:

http://www.transparent.com/wotd/today/german.html

http://german.about.com/library/blworttag.htm

Hope you enjoy it. :) Have a great week!

s:)

Barfuß Chelsea wrote:Hi

Barfuß Chelsea said:
Hi Susanne!

I'm in Frankfurt. Not exactly right around the corner from Munich, but still a lot closer than a plane ride over the Atlantic to most of the other folks here. :) Ich bin Amerikanerin aber bin seit 2006 in Deutschland. Ich bin auch mit einem Deutschen verlobt und habe vor, heir zu bleiben. :)

I strained something in my ankle almost two weeks ago (TMTS in my VFFS...dang wet weather!) and haven't been out since, but the sun has been shining SO BEAUTIFULLY all week that I'm hoping to get out tomorrow or Sunday at the very latest.

@Paleo (and Jake):

I'd love to participate in an IBRD event, but I really don't have the time to organize it this year. (International wedding planning...sheesh!) Is there any word yet on where it might be?

Hi Chelsea,

did you have a chance to let out your feet into the open? :) Is your ankle better already?

I enjoyed some barefooting. The air was rather warm already but the ground still freezing cold so I found it hard to do more than a few hundred meters. Nevertheless, yesterday I did the first full mile of the year barefoot in the Englische Garten. Yippie! Can't wait to shed my shoes for good this year. :)

Good luck for the wedding and the all the planning. :) Will you be wearing any of these beautiful barefoot sandals?

http://www.ladybead.com/contents/en-us/p409.html

http://www.barefootsandals.com/sandals.html

Paleo and Jake,

I'd also like to participate, and am actually thinking about how to organize something here. But I don't know anybody else barefooting around here. I'm afraid, that nobody might turn up. But I'll get the Tee-Shirt, and might wear it for a run in the vicinity. Have to admit that I'm not much of a runner (a bit too heavy, and too slow by all means...).

I'll keep it in my mind and maybe I can think of something.

All: Have a great week!

s:)

Support Your Club

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Raramuri7