Hello from Florida!

SamanthaEve

Barefooters
May 28, 2012
Hello everyone!

I'm very excited to be a part of this amazing group of runners! I have been running since I was a little girl and throughout the years fall on and off the wagon, but always get back to it:) I'm originally from Wisconsin and have been living in Florida now for five years. I don't know why it took me this long to do more barefoot running, especially since the beach is so close and running on the sand next to the ocean is amazing. It started with reading "Born to Run" and subsequently listening to it on audio cd a couple more times, but it was still only a thought and no action. Then one fateful day I was in Agora Hills, California for work. It was a two week trip and over the weekend went to visit some family out there and left my running shoes! Gasp! Was I actually going to run barefoot outside-no shoes! I had more energy out there then I could handle and had already been running 6-10 miles a day, I couldn't just stop. And so, barefoot I went and what a marvelous feeling! Oh my gosh, it was amazing, so absolutely freeing. It felt so good I was going faster than I was with my regular shoes! I ended up running 2 miles barefoot to the running store, then buying a pair of Vibrams to run another 5 miles. I was unsure at the time how much actual barefoot running I could handle and decided to pick up the Vibrams just in case. The rest is now history:)
It's been almost a year since then and now I regularly run barefoot on the beach or take out my Vibram Five Fingers. It felt good naturally from the beginning, but now I want to learn more techniques, posture, exercises, and more to transition to it majority of the time. I was so happy to find a 'Barefoot Runners Society' to share in this love! I'm looking forward to contributing, learning, sharing, and find another barefoot runner!

Thanks everyone (sorry for the essay:)
Samantha Eve:)

Reactions: Sid
Welcome, Sam! How did you hear of us?

Thanks! I had just got "Barefoot Running for Dummies" at the library and thought I should search and see if any associations/organizations existed. A quick google search and I found you!

... thought I should search and see if any associations/organizations existed. A quick google search and I found you!

Well, we're more of a cult, actually. We'll be sending some members by for your indoctrination...just kidding :D Welcome to BRS - we're weird here (or at least I am)...

My pet love-names for you all, I like them short and sweet, Phil.

Welcome, Sam (as TJ the official BRS Namer has now labeled you). Glad to have you with us. This is a great resource site. Enjoy!

Sweet, I already have a barefooted pet name and I'm only 1 day old:) Thanks for the welcome Phil! I can't wait to learn more and quite honestly learning about how this whole forum thing works (I'm old school and not that 'techy')! -Barefoot cheers:barefoot:

But you found the Barefoot Smiley! That's all that is important to know around this forum. ;)

Support Your Club

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Raramuri7