Hello Fellow Barefoot Runners!

So hopefully I did all the stuff a new member is expected to do before they post here. I didn't find how to add to the member location may or enable any sort of chapter icon. But I joined up with the Washington chapter because, well, that's where I am!

I first tried barefoot running just under a decade ago. But then ended up moving and doing other things, so I just stopped. Not sure when exactly or if there was a why. Picked it up again, though where I live is not ideal.

Doing this despite lower back issues, knees that make funny noises when I go up or down stairs and being 300 pounds approaching 50! Had a really nice run Tuesday afternoon. I think I must have had the positioning right, because my knees where naturally flexing without pain, where normally I can't bend them at all.

Posted at NextDoor hoping to find some other runners to join me or that I can join. I wouldn't mind finding someone experienced in barefoot running, as Ken Bob teaches it, in my area. Studying what I can on YouTube for now and, of course, reading Barefoot Running step By Step.

Just an interesting side note... I found the book in one of the local "book boxes." I had read it before, from the library. But never had my own copy. I figured it was the Universe talking to me, as this is how it tends to communicate. So that's what started me up on this - that and sleep issues I hope to solve by getting some exercise.

So far just managing something like a 2-block circuit once a week.

Reactions: Barefoot TJ
Welcome! Enjoy the journey as you increase your distance. Just be patient with the process and avoid doing too much too soon.

In your Profile, you will see your chapter icon under the Groups link and your location under the About link.

Support Your Club

Natural Running Center

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hadashi jon