Hello everybody, foot pain and finally looking for a doc

Flighty

Barefooters
Jan 23, 2012
Hi Docs,

I am new to BFS but I have talked to Mark and Soc doc. I am a Bf runner of a couple years, nothing too far. I developed a bad pain in my foot in November, outside ball of the foot, I think from my NB minimus squeezing where that strap crosses. I suspected a neuroma but just took it easy and have been doing lots of foot exercises, ice baths, jumping rope to train my feet to land better. I tried met pads but can't tell if they help or not. The pain now seems to migrate although the tingling and numb feeling are always in the original spot. I am bf all the time except when in my lunas. This is really my preference but at this point I'm feeling very frustrated that the pain does not go away. I can run about 4 miles so I do this and walk as much as I can. I have read a ton on the subject of Morton's Neuroma and am a bit worried about the possibility that this may not resolve without an invasive procedure. Can you address this and recommend a bf friendly doc near me? (Shepherdstown WV) I sent an email to Dr. Pribut since he is experienced with runners. I am a bit concerned that he may not be bf friendly. That's all. turning 50 today and wanting to be on the path to my 1/2 marathon in April ! Any help greatly appreciated!! Flighty (Colleen)

She says she is a barefoot

She says she is a barefoot runner for two years.

Colleen, can you post a picture with arrows to show where the pain/s is/are exactly?

When do you experience this pain? While shod, barefoot, or both? While running or walking or both?

Flightly,From your post is

Flightly,

From your post is not clear when you walk and/or run barefoot and when you wear shoes such as NB Minimus.

If you go to the Health and Nutrition Forum there is a BF Friendly map where you can find a doc near you.

-Jim

I am 4 or so hours from you;

I am 4 or so hours from you; if you want we can figure something out and I'll see if I can get you fixed up for April.

Wow you people are awesome,

Wow you people are awesome, thank you for taking your time to reply to me! Soc Doc, where are you? I think in NC. I would be honored if you would help me out. I've watched the videos on your site and I work on the pressure points along my shin and arch.There is no doubt I need to improve my form and strength which I am working on. (My husband gave me Pose Method of Running for my bday yesterday). Let me know how this could work out for you and I'll be there. Thank you!

BTW Jim, I run bf as much as I can but last fall with cold temps and wet pavement, my feet were getting chewed up. On dry days I would run in my darn tough Vermont made socks or bf , wet days, my minumus. I did cut the strap on my minimus when pain began last fall but unfortunately kept running for a few more weeks before I made the connection between the too tight band and the pinched muscle/pain in my foot.

The pain in my foot is worst when putting lateral pressure on the foot (sitting cross legged, or squeezing the foot laterally), when I run on uneven ground, and upwards of a few miles. The pain started in outside ball of foot, now migrates around -ball of foot, top of foot, and even ankle and arch at times. Maybe it is just referred pain? Ok thanks for giving me hope, that's all, thanks!

Shoot me an email and we'll

Shoot me an email and we'll figure it out. [email protected]

Support Your Club

Natural Running Center

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Raramuri7