Half Marathon report :)

I did it :)

We were 2 VFF and 2 barefoot runners out of 816 runners.

I started the race not as slow as I should have (everybody told me to be extra slow at the start...) but I was quite fast for my usual speed. Reason being we where going downhill and I could not possibly think about braking at a race start!

I have used the nice Gel DS-Sky I got myself last Xmas ONCE since and I have had my VFF for 13 months now.

I never ran more than 15K before with my komodos.

So when I reached the that point I was pretty pleased I still had juice to go. I also never ran in hills before... Tremblant in QC is hilly :) Total elevation up and down was close to 300m I think.

I was holding my pace but near km 19, a pain developed on the tip of the right foot, that soft part right after the toes? The part that pound the pavement the most when going downhill. Actually, most of the pain (Not so much!) was when going down.

I was pacing with someone else and during the last 5km, to ease on the growing pain or fatigue I was running on the street sideway (gravel/sand) and I found I was actually going faster there than on the tarmac!!!

The half Marathon was exactly 7 days after I went up and down MT Adams (1760m) in the White Mountains, again with my trusty Komodos :)

Now, my only hope is that this forefoot pain vanishes forever as I get stronger.... In fact, my only hope is that its not a symptom of something worst because to date everything goes sooo well!

Cheers!

Patrick

Attachments

• IMG_0907-1-2.jpg
    IMG_0907-1-2.jpg
    464.6 KB · Views: 3
Reactions: Bare Lee
I had to look up "Gel DS-Sky," and got shivers up my spine. Yikes! Glad you put those monsters in their cage.

Keep an eye on that pain. Don't let it become something. If it's just "wear and tear," that's one thing, but if it's something else, don't let it go on too long before addressing it.

Congrats!

Reactions: Patrick St-Onge

Support Your Club

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hadashi jon