Greetings from South Australia

Hi everyone. My name is Tim and I started barefoot running probably close to a month ago now. Before that I've been running for just over a year and I've been plagued with recurring knee injuries. After reading Born to Run and doing tons of reading on the net, I decided I didn't have anything to lose by trying BF running. I did a little experiment and filmed myself running on our treadmill, first with shoes and then without. I was surprised at how much of a heel striker I was in shoes. But barefoot my feet contacted the ground much flatter. So since then I've been running laps of my local football field. So far I'm up to 3km with no sign of knee injuries. My goal is to build back up to where I was when I ran shod (10km) and then go from there :)

Welcome, Tim!

Welcome, Tim!

palouserider wrote:Welcome,

palouserider said:
Welcome, glad you are having fun running, you are smart to increase slowly.

Well its the one thing everyone everywhere says to do when starting out. Figured they must be onto something :)

Welcome, Tim.  And not only

Welcome, Tim. And not only are you a good listener, unlike many of us you also seem to be a quick learner. The majority of us seemed to require a stress fracture to increase learning speed. Enjoy, and listen to your feet's feedback; they'll tell you when to take a breather and let them rest.

Support Your Club

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hadashi jon