Greetings from California, SF Bay area

Barefoot Bone Rod

Barefooters
Aug 23, 2012
Hi I'm Rod. I've been an occasional user of the Runner's World forum, and Im glad to acquaint myself here with BRS.

I started running minimal in Jan 2011 and then started BFR about 6 weeks later, so coming up on 2 years BFR. My background prior to the transition was typical heel striker, 10-15 miles/week, pain issues after 3 miles, trouble getting faster than 10 min. miles, few bouts of PF in years past.

Now as a BFR I can run farther pain free, typical runs 4-6 miles, and for the first time Im averaging under 10 min miles, around 9:30 on my long runs. Man am I fast or what ;-)

The majority of my runs are on pavement but my true love is BF trail running, which I try to do once a week.

I also like to hike BF and push the limit, even some backpacking BF and have done 6 20+ mile backpacking trips in last two years in VFF trek sports.

Anyways pretty stoked to find BRS and looking forward to communicating with y'all.

Sincerely,

BR

Welcome Bone! I lived in the Bay Area for 4 years. Miss Cali so much! Oh, and we have an unwritten rule around here, we don't mention "that other place.”

Hi Rod,
I used to live on the Peninsula (Mtn View) but moved to the Sac Valley in 2001. Good to meet you!

Thank you all for the warm welcome!

Pirate, awesome to meet a fellow bay arean here. Im in the east bay. Thinking about joining the SF chapter. Is there a way to send private messages?

Thank you all for the warm welcome!

Pirate, awesome to meet a fellow bay arean here. Im in the east bay. Thinking about joining the SF chapter. Is there a way to send private messages?

Yessir! Click on the Avatar (or picture, if you don't use words like "avatar") of the person you want to send a private message to - a small window will pop up. Inside that window will be a link to "Start a new conversation".

Welcome! I'm a very new member also, and glad to hear you are another barefoot hiker and backpacker as well as runner. I spend pretty much all of my barefoot miles on trails and love it . . . and if you're ever in Orange County, and would like info on some great local trails, let me know . . .

Happy Trails,

Thea

Check out our California Chapters, and be sure to join them. Welcome Thea!