Grand Blue Mile

20130423_3a_grand_blue_mile_painted_feet.jpg20130423_5a_grand_blue_mile_bfr_painted_feet.jpg 20130423_2_grand_blue_mile_painted_feet.jpg
This is an annual event, and here are some pics.
Unfortunately, there are none on the race web site yet.
I finished last in the competitive division, with a 9:16, which is still a decent pace for me. I hope to get it under eight minutes by next year (I never have trained for one-miles, only 5Ks and more).
Finally. an interview.

9:16 was last place?! Even for a mile, I would long for a consistent 9:16! Geez, that must have been some fast group there.

Reactions: Barefoot Walker
That was a GREAT interview! Love the BLUE feet!

Those blue footsies are awesome!
Congrats!

Thanks for the comments!
Yes, it was a fast field. I could have entered the recreational division, but would have been going against walkers and kids, which seemed pointless. I did what in chess is called “playing up” or entering a division which is stronger than one’s ability, just to see how I would perform.
Nine sixteen would have been a perfectly adequate pace for a 5K, since it would have seen me complete in 28:45.
I should add that I washed off almost all the paint that night after returning home from chess club at a coffee shop, and the people there liked the blue feet too.
Wouldn’t you just know it? I bought a whole quart (for about $11!) of that paint, whose color is called “Safe Harbor” (the link shows what it is supposed to look like!), at one store, then found I could have gotten a cup for $3 in “sample” size at another! Oh bother.
Sunday is the Drake 6K(?!) for which I will paint “D” on the right and “U” on the left (readable by someone facing me) in blue and below that “6” and “Kin red, but will use my usual nail polish (Easter colors of which you can see on the big toes) therefor.
As I posted in another forum, the run I am most looking forward to is Bare to Breakers in May. Wish me luck as that is a 12½K!

Now. What to do with all that extra blue paint. Hmmmm.

Ha! Is that how they make the Blue Men?

Could be. ☻
Interestingly enough, I got lots of comments on my “Smurf™” feet. I never thought of that connection until it was mentioned! I believe though that the Smurfs™ are a darker shade of blue.
The next painting project I will undertake is for the Bare to Breakers where I plan to make them the official neon yellow of that group as I run the event.

Support Your Club

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Raramuri7

Latest posts