Going barefoot in shoes!

I know... Don't have any tools here at uni, but I'm going home in 3 weeks for the summer break and I'll definitely give that a try (still got a few pairs of old running shoes).

Takes me back to my own student days and a favourite pair of slippers. I remember telling one of my housemates that they felt just like walking on the carpet - then I looked at the soles and worked out why :oops:

Reminds me of Jens slippah's she made a while back...
Yes, the same idea. She was also saying unfortunately it doesn't work well, everyone sees your bare soles from behind. But worth trying I guess ;)

Reactions: jldeleon
I still plan to work on that. I am thinking that some form of sheer dark colored fabric, or like velvet, etc., could work to throw people off. I am peeved too cuz my current (new) workplace noticed that I was wearing slippers (damn). That's cuz I was wearing light blue women's instead of dark colored men's slippers. Now they will be on the look-out though. The lady stared at me weird when I told her I don't have shoes and will have to go buy some. And I did buy some, like the least supportive, almost no heel, flimsy soled ones I could find and they KILLED me. I got a back ache, achilles tendons angry, and three times as many trigger points around my ankle than normal. And that's just from wearing them one eight-hour shift. So now I'm wearing ones that are almost like ballet slippers, and I still notice a difference. Grrrrr. I can no longer wear my Vibrams to work either, because they also create a ton of trigger points around my ankles. I never noticed until I started getting rid of the trigger points in my ankles regularly, and then learned what a "normal" ankle/foot is supposed to feel like! So I might be working on this version VERY soon!

Support Your Club

Natural Running Center

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Raramuri7