Go barefoot even if you don't normally!

nature runner

Barefooters
Jun 13, 2010
It's just one day to help promote barefooting as a healthy lifestyle for your feet!
http://www.primalfootalliance.org/blog/spread-the-word-your-day-without-shoes-is-coming-june-11.html

Sounds good to me, NR!  I'll

Sounds good to me, NR! I'll be barefoot that day for sure! :)

me too, and I posted it on

me too, and I posted it on facebook and already have 3 friends who replied they'll join me.. I HATE shoes and only wear them when I have to. DH is trying to convince me to run in the merrell's more rather than less, but I am running with them rather than in them.. using them for the rough spot on my regular run right now.. (why oh why is there that much broken up asphalt at that spot in my favorite start from home route).

Thanks for the support you

Thanks for the support you two! Yay for going barefoot! I am very surprised more haven't posted on this topic. Once you go totally barefoot and realize the enjoyment it brings, how could you ever put them back on? I guess most just drive to their running trail, take the shoes off, run and put them back on? Doesn't make alot of sense or people are just to scared about what others may say to them. Me I gives a d**n! I could care less what some moron says about me being barefoot. Guess not everyone has a backbone? If you who haven't posted support yet on here and are what I described above SHAME SHAME SHAME on you lol !! Take those shoes off and show support for us barefooters already. Where are you Nate, Longboard, Abide, c'mon join me on this!

lol I don't think its so much

lol I don't think its so much as "not having a backbone" as not picking this particular issue to care about. As much as I am a hybrid runnner if it was socially acceptable I'd be barefoot all the time in life. I just don't care enough to fight it. Especially considering at work it would actually break safety laws. But I do have to smile when I see the one 100% barefooter wandering around campus. I've been tempted to ask him how much sh*t he gets for it around the area.

OK, I fell for the guilt

OK, I fell for the guilt trip, and put it on my calendar. It will just be a normal Saturday for me, but I guess I will have to try harder to avoid businesses that are staffed by Shoe Nazis. ;-)

I drive to and from my runs

I drive to and from my runs barefoot. ;-)

Most don't even care if you

Most don't even care if you are barefoot. I go barefoot at my school all the time, and I am in the medical field! As far as an issue to care about, we should care because it violates our freedoms? Freedom of expression! If we don't care about that then we wait til an issue comes up that we do care about. But, when all the other issues we didnt care about gets over turned then you are at a disadvantage? We need to care about everything, even the minor things that you don't care about. All are important, because if the government sees a weakness then everything you care about is in jeopardy!

TomM wrote:OK, I fell for

TomM said:
OK, I fell for the guilt trip, and put it on my calendar. It will just be a normal Saturday for me, but I guess I will have to try harder to avoid businesses that are staffed by Shoe Nazis. ;-)

Thanks Tom!

ajb22What safety laws, there

ajb22

What safety laws, there are no laws in the U.S. prohibiting bare feet in public? Unless it is workplace related!

On my run the other day, I

On my run the other day, I was rounding a corner on the cath paths when I saw two golf carts full of kids pulled over by a cop on a bicycle who was writing them a ticket. The cop looked me straight in the face, looked down at my feet, and proceeded to complete his ticket. He had bigger fish to fry apparently. Plus, he knew I wasn't breaking the law.

I think what AJB is saying is that although there may not be any laws against it, there are policies and rules that have to be followed in certain situations at certain locations.

What  this boils down to is

What this boils down to is this. If you are off work do you have the gall to go barefoot in the places you do business with? Grow a backbone and stand up for yourself!

off work I am often

off work I am often barefoot.. especially when the weather is warm.. at work it is a safety thing (hospital) and I always wear shoes.. I don't go into many businesses barefoot, but then I don't go into that many to begin with..

nature runner wrote:What

nature runner said:
What safety laws, there are no laws in the U.S. prohibiting bare feet in public? Unless it is workplace related!

Oh with the comment about legally it really is a legal issue. I work in a chemistry lab. They are lax on the rules in academia, but not that lax. There are still safety laws we have to follow. And thats pretty much the only place I go when I'm not home or at friends. Since there is no way I could ever attempt to be barefoot in most of the hours of my life, I can't really bring myself to bother fighting it at stores and such. Afterall I'm in them 9-11 hours a day, whats another half hour a couple times a week. I'd care much more if I was in a position to actually be barefoot all the time (although I do get to wander barefoot in one lab, no chemicals there and since alot of my shoes have magnetic material on them I can claim that I have to take them off so as not to bring them near our very large superconducting magnet :)

My day without shoes is

My day without shoes is everyday in stores, city streets, etc. So I won't mark the 11th on my calendar. As everyday is a barefoot day for me.

The only exception for me is in my kinetic shop with sandals, or if I'm clipped in with shoes on a peddle vehicle. Though that exception is usually short lived for April/May time period. I do some other biking, but the clipped in shoe time is minimal.

My daily walking life is barefoot. With some very limited min shoe use when needed.

I hope you all marked your

I hope you all marked your calendars to go barefoot tomorrow. (as if you needed a reminder) I am even planning to go to a Saturday evening church service barefoot. It will be interesting to see if I catch any flack on that account. ;-)

Support Your Club

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Raramuri7