Getting back in

iPhreak

Barefooters
Aug 23, 2010
Ok, so I have been a member here for a while, and a lurker to say the least. I have searched and found a wealth of info here as well as the "other site." Some of you might know me from bdayshoes but this is the place to be :)

My Past, I ran a couple of 5Ks last year in VFFs and then life got in the way. I was up to jogging a 5K three to four times a week. I did very little running this past fall and no running at all this winter (sucks when life gets in the way). To transition to VFF last year, I used the C25K plan and it worked well. So I am thinking of going completely bare starting back this year. Do you guys think I could C25K bare or need to take it even slower. ***I know I need to listen to my body, but I am looking for a general plan***

I have been almost completely minimal since Feb 2010. I wear VFF Treks, Dharmas and MT101 to work/casual and am barefooted at home. I hope that continuing to be minimal will allow me not have to start totally from scratch.

Thanks and I hope to be around more often now ;)

Welcome, iP!  Here's some

Welcome, iP! Here's some excellent resources to help you get started from the Library above. Jason also has a "Lose the Shoes Plan incorporated into his BFR 101.

Getting started

"Listen to your body" is the biggest theme of barefoot running instructors like Ken Bob Saxton and Jason Robillard. Read their advice to beginners in these pieces:

Welcome back!   I'm no

Welcome back!

I'm no expert, but I think you could definitely do the C25k bare. Might want to do more forefoot stepping 'round the house and elsewhere to get that arch in tip top shape. After you do the first day, you ought to feel the progress you're making. Good luck! :-D

Thanks TJ and Dune.  I have

Thanks TJ and Dune. I have never seen the library tab before... thanks for that. I was searching posts and it took forever :) Also, I have read both Jason's and Bob's sites. They are great, I will let you guys know how it goes. Thanks again and I am sure I will have a few questions along the way. Sorry to start off with such a noobie one right off the bat. I just did not want to set a goal, and it not be realistic.

Not a problem, iP.  That's

Not a problem, iP. That's the main intent of the BRS, to help others transition safely to barefoot running. We're here to help.

It sounds like you have a

It sounds like you have a good base of both BFing and good sense. Just keep in mind that the plan (C25K) might say one thing and your feet another. Feel free to step out of the plan once in a while.

Good luck and have fun!

Hi there, I haven't been

Hi there,

I haven't been here for a while and know this is an older thread, but I wanted to post anyway and say that I think it is completely doable.

On March 1st of last year I started the cto5k program barefoot. If I felt like I needed an extra rest day due to a blister or something, I took it. If I felt like I needed to repeat a day or a week, I did it, but all in all I think the cto5k was a wonderful start for barefoot running.

I haven't run in a few months and so just restarted the program again. Right now I am doing it in VFF's but once the weather warms up more I will be going barefoot again.

Anyway, good luck!

Support Your Club

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hadashi jon