Georgia soon to be Alaska !!!

Welcome, GR!  I'm in Georgia

Welcome, GR! I'm in Georgia too.

Welcome to the crew, Chris. 

Welcome to the crew, Chris. I'm also in GA (Fort Mac) until next month, when Uncle Sam has similarly offered me the opportunity to travel and explore the lovely Fort Bragg area for a few years. I think the weather conditions may indeed drive you to more shoe for at least part of the year. Use the site's search box to find the many cold weather solutions our fellow runners have tried along with their results and successes.

I just cam off the trail and

I just cam off the trail and Bragg is one of those hate it or love it not much in the middle. Kind of it's own army there. I was there 98-2002. Aco 2-325. Loved every minute of it.

I know what you mean.  I was

I know what you mean. I was mechanized AD (Vulcan-Stinger with the 24th ID 1990-1994 at Fort Stewart, now reflagged as the 3rd ID), but we went up to cross-train with the Airborne guys for a week. That's my only previous FB exposure. We're going to live in the Apex/Holly Springs area just SW of Raleigh, from whence I'll be commuting daily to FB. You're right - it is very polarizing. If you're a young hooah airborne soldier intent on providing the enemy with the maximum opportunity to give his life for his country, it's a great place to be. When you're an 43-year old combat veteran (and now civilian) with teenaged boys, it's not a good place to take your family, although I think it's still a great place to work. Soldiers and soldiering get in your DNA quickly. Hence our living/working area compromise.

We've always wanted to go to Alaska. Enjoy, and find the best way to keep those feet warm.

Support Your Club

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Raramuri7