"Formal" VFFs?

Here's the poll results

Here's the poll results asking if "would you wear these?" I answered, "I'm wearing them NOW," although of course, I am not. It's my turn...just trying to stir the pot a little.
Would you wear these? Are they awful?HELL NO. They are heinous.
pb_orange_beg03.png
pb_orange_mid03.png
pb_orange_end03.png
47%Yeah, they're heinous, but they're scientifically correct, so I'd wear them.
pb_orange_beg03.png
pb_orange_mid03.png
pb_orange_end03.png
1%I'd wear them, but not to a premiere. With semi-formal clothes. DUDE.
pb_orange_beg03.png
pb_orange_mid03.png
pb_orange_end03.png
27%I don't care about the science. They freak me OUT.
pb_orange_beg03.png
pb_orange_mid03.png
pb_orange_end03.png
17%I think they're kind of awesome.
pb_orange_beg03.png
pb_orange_mid03.png
pb_orange_end03.png
3%I am wearing them NOW.
pb_orange_beg03.png
pb_orange_mid03.png
pb_orange_end03.png
1%[/list]Created on Jun 28, 2010
Total Votes: 5,779

There's a picture out there

There's a picture out there of a pair of VFFs that are dark leather, like men's dress shoes. Anyone have the picture? Please share it here. It's hysterical. They would have gone a lot better with this venue.

I thought he pulled off the

I thought he pulled off the look quite well and wish I looked half that cool when I wear mine.

I bet if more of Hollywood started wearing Vibrams they'd end up being the next fashion craze and everyone will want them.

Shacky wrote:I bet if more of

Shacky said:
I bet if more of Hollywood started wearing Vibrams they'd end up being the next fashion craze and everyone will want them.
They already are the craze. My granddaughter is now thinking they are the vogue thing. If HollyWeird gets hold of them they will cost $250-$1000 a pair and have gold tinsel or bells. I can already see a coach or louis vuitton VFF.
Oh, and heels! :O

J.J. Casuals come in high

J.J. Casuals come in high heels.

And they could make cute one

And they could make cute one for girls with prints on them like flowers, roses, stripes, and plaids...how cute!

Wearing VFFs with that outfit

Wearing VFFs with that outfit is a no-no just like wearing running shoes with formal wear always looks weird. Someone should tell him about Vivo Dharmas.

nature runner wrote:But, the

nature runner said:
But, the fact that he is wearing them can help promote the barefoot movement!
What movement is there that is in need of promotion?
Running barefoot is a very natural and personal event and I don't view it as a movement although it is a market.

LavaRunner wrote:nature

LavaRunner said:
nature runner said:
But, the fact that he is wearing them can help promote the barefoot movement!
What movement is there that is in need of promotion? Running barefoot is a very natural and personal event and I don't view it as a movement although it is a market.
I am sorry you mis understood. More and more people are going barefoot these days and are converting to bfr rather than shod. Call it whatever you want, but barefooting is picking up. yes, of course it is natural, I never said it wasn't. I go barefoot everywhere even when i am not running, that's nothing at all new to me. Just saying?

it's not a market really

it's not a market really either, if you are barefoot, what are you selling. You are already bare? Unless you are talking about the vibrams and so on. I was only talking about barefeet. But, I did however phrase it wrong when I compared it to the guy wearing the vibrams.

There is a market for

There is a market for "barefoot" shoes, since as you can tell from the 100 new postings a day on the "other forum" entitled HELP ME CHOOSE BETWEEN KSOs AND BIKILAS a great majority of new barefoot runners are spurred to go that route by trying out minimalist shoes and evolving into a completely barefoot runner.

A funny (and true) progression to barefoot running, paraphrased from a post by TokyoDad:

1) I don't think I'd like that barefoot running stuff. All that debris must hurt! But these VFF KSOs sure are comfy!

2) I'll try barefoot running just to see what all the fuss is about, but I'm still going to run in my KSOs most of the time!

3) I run mostly barefoot, but I still need my KSOs for those rough trails

4) Even the thought of shoes makes my feet hurt...barefoot all the way man!

nature runner wrote:it's not

nature runner said:
it's not a market really either, if you are barefoot, what are you selling. You are already bare? Unless you are talking about the vibrams and so on. I was only talking about barefeet. But, I did however phrase it wrong when I compared it to the guy wearing the vibrams.
Sorry, I wasn't trying to come across hard on the movement idea. I just always laugh when I hear it is a movement.

As far as a market. It is a huge market. The barefoot market drives the minimalist market and web sites like this one advertise on the right side, Runners world advertises, Ken Bob, Barefoot Ted, LPJ and his book (I know, profits donated to here)

It is a good business market and growing like a weed. Heck, 3 years ago when I first decided to run barefoot I found a few web sited. Ken Bobs being the major one. Now there are 5,260,000 Google hits on barefoot blog alone and half of those are running ads on one sort or another.

It isn't really an issue with me just an observation. There are a lot of people making good cash on the barefoot / minimalist market.

My favorite however is www[dot]runningbarefootisbad[dot]com
They are also running ads for VFFs, Chi Running shoes, Zappos, Barefoot arch support... on and on. I guess there are more than one angle on barefoot ;)

That doesn't surprise me

That doesn't surprise me about TD, SP.

Although I remember the very first time I ran barefoot as "hitting upon something" and how blissful and natural it felt, I still remember thinking I HAD to have something on my feet. I transitioned from socks mostly to barefoot, since it was winter, but I did buy a pair of VFFs and incorporated them into my tranistion routine. Finally, I got to the point that I was like forget this (socks were comfy to run in, VFFs not so much after a few miles), I want to be barefoot most of all. It wasn't a cold-turkey, immediate transformation for me. I transitioned and I believe that after a few more baby steps, many minimalist runners will also end up barefoot in the end.

NOW FOR SOME REAL FORMAL VFFS

NOW FOR SOME REAL FORMAL VFFS...drum roll, please!

These are actually painted on! I had to ask my good buddy Justin Owens at Birthday Shoes for this picture when I couldn't find it, because I knew he would know what I was talking about. The article "You Walk Wrong" accompanying it is interesting too: http://nymag.com/health/features/46213/

walking080428_1_560.jpg

This shoe and the stilettos and Adidas sneakers on the subsequent pages are trompel'oeil paintings applied directly to the feet. Nice as they look, you can't buy them.Makeup by John Maurad and Jenai Chin. (Photo: Tom Schierlitz)

No doubt.  Other than the

No doubt. Other than the hair you can see on his feet, they're pretty cool, huh? How about an overall tattoo? Who wants to be the first crazy to do this? Step right up. Anyone?

Support Your Club

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Raramuri7