Forgot My Shoes

Discussion in 'The Barefoot Pub' started by hikerdana, Aug 7, 2017.

1. hikerdana

hikerdana
    Expand Collapse
    Administrator
    1. New Hampshire

Last week I went on vacation and was busy packing and running around (barefoot of course). We then hopped into my vehicle and headed down the road I realized I had forgotten to pack some backup footwear. (I knew this day would come.) At least one of the places we were going required shoes. Luckily for me I had taken off my dress shoes (Vivobarefoot Ra) upon entering my vehicle and had forgotten to bring them into the house. So as I traveled through some caves and an amusement park I was dressed in a t-shirt, shorts and dress shoes. I think I'll get some back up shoes for the vehicle. I'm sure this will happen again.

Collapse Signature Expand Signature
  2. Barefoot TJ

Barefoot TJ
    Expand Collapse
    Administrator
    1. Test Chapter
    2. Nomad
    3. Hidden...
    4. Hidden...

I opted to go through Disney World barefoot to avoid unnecessary pain. I had no problems with their employees.

Tristan and Tedlet like this.
  3. bfsailor

bfsailor
    Expand Collapse
    Barefooters
    1. New York
    2. Pennsylvania

I always keep a pair of flip-flops in my car for just this reason. I am in fact wearing them at work this morning because I forgot my shoes when I drove to work. :)
    That is another advantage of being a barefooter - it makes packing for vacations a whole lot easier! Shoes take up a lot of room in a suitcase.

bare_ftazn and Barefoot TJ like this.
  4. Bill B

Bill B
    Expand Collapse
    Barefooters
    1. Canada

When was this TJ? We went 2 years ago and our luggage got lost, all I had was a pair of Inova's which I wore without socks. They were RANK!! No lineups everywhere I went...

5. Barefoot TJ

Barefoot TJ
    Expand Collapse
    Administrator
    1. Test Chapter
    2. Nomad
    3. Hidden...
    4. Hidden...

We went early July this year.

6. TD Moose

TD Moose
    Expand Collapse
    Barefooters
    1. Minnesota

Forgetting to bring shoes! Classic. A frequent occurrence for me. I ride my bike barefoot to a coffee shop near me. I put a pair of flip flops in my backpack. More than once, I've arrived and discovered that I forgot to pack the flip flops. So far, not a problem, but, I really do try to remember to pack them...honest.

Barefoot TJ likes this.
  7. Barefoot TJ

Barefoot TJ
    Expand Collapse
    Administrator
    1. Test Chapter
    2. Nomad
    3. Hidden...
    4. Hidden...

So many times, we've headed out to wherever with my kids "forgetting" their shoes. (I'm such a bad mom.) Mostly, they "refuse" to wear them into stores, restaurants, etc., when they know they really don't "need" them. I have to admit though, I make them keep flip-flops in the car now for certain occasions, like when it's 12 noon, 90+ degrees out, and the asphalt is hot enough to burn their skin off...you never know. (Okay, maybe I'm not that bad of a mom.)