Foot Pain - 2nd and 3rd Mets

Mark Wilkinson

Barefooters
Jun 2, 2012
Ypsilanti, MI
I originally thought I was scaring myself into feeling like my foot was in pain after reading the possible side effects of the cipro I was recently on, but alas it is not all in my head.

I first noticed a slight pain the day I got out of the hospital. The pain is just behind the heads of my 2nd and 3rd metatarsals on my left foot. A week or so after I got off the cipro I went for a run. It was just barely sore when I started the run, but then it went away almost instantly. I did ~5.4 miles and felt good. Then I took a cold shower. The water made my foot throb with pain. After that the entire ball of my foot felt like it was bruised.

That was on the 28th of August. I haven't been able to run since that. When I am on my feet all day it feels swollen and is sore to walk on by the end of the day. Mortin helps, and over the past few days it does feel better than it has, but still nothing I can run on. Once it is sore it hurts to put pressure on it.

Any ideas? Should I go see a doctor?

Thanks for any info you can provide. I have just never had a pain this long with no identifiable cause.

Reactions: Sid
Mark,

this is extremely common w cipro. it will resolve. do NOT take motrin ...inhibits healing. also do not take cipro again. there are other antibiotics if you really need one that will not have this side effect.

wish i could help more but this is my best email opinion

Mark

Reactions: Sid
This doesn't answer your question, but as an aside, I was just reading this.​
"In 2010, Levaquin was the best-selling antibiotic in the United States."

How in the world did a quinolone become the best-selling antibiotic?

Support Your Club

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Raramuri7