First barefoot hike - sort of

PatrickGSR94

Barefooters
Dec 9, 2011
I'm going to consider yesterday as my first barefoot hike. My wife's family lives about 5 minutes from our house, and we were going over there late yesterday afternoon to pick up our son. There's a sizable city park between our house and theirs, which of course you drive around to get there. But I decided to walk it, straight through. It was only about a mile distance of walking, but it was drizzling rain outside. I walked through plenty of grass, mud, and puddles. It was such an awesome feeling. The rough asphalt roads after I got past the park weren't too nice, and there were no sidewalks, so I walked along the concrete storm gutters along the side of the road. Plenty of puddles and water along there, too, which helped wash all the grass off my feet. :cool:

That's a good way to start...next thing...you'll be looking for trails to run...then looking to sign up to an ultra :)

SOOOOO much fun, right? There's a route that I take to pick up my kids at their school from my university, that has varied and muddied paths like that. Glad you tried it.

Yes we all went to the same park yesterday evening, first evening of DST and the weather was absolutely perfect. Lots of kids out around the playground, and the route to get there was oh so muddy due to rain earlier in the day.