Fairfield, CT Half Marathon - 2016

Fairfield, CT Half Marathon - 2016
By Barefoot Gentile

This race marks my 10th barefoot half marathon.

Basically the same formula I use for all half marathons, train 8 weeks (if you call it training), it's more like running 3 days a week which I do all the time, except running longer on the weekends, which is maxing out at a few 10 milers.

It was a beautiful morning on race day, but was going to get hot by 9AM it was already in the 80's but zero humidity, so to me quite comfortable. Came in at 1:51:38 which I was happy with it. I did stop at mile 8 to hit a port-a-potty, first time ever I stopped to pee during a half marathon, I was kind of pissed (no pun intended) at myself I had to stop but just couldn't hold it any longer, my time would of been cut shorter, but oh well.

636040860086426737.jpg

1024x1024.jpg

The home stretch to finish line. I'm running on a gravel path right here which is about 40 yards

My name is Adam Gentile I live in Fairfield, CT. I have always lived an active lifestyle, I took my first barefoot run on Sept. 15th 2009, and never looked back. I started running barefoot out of pure curiosity and I loved everything about it...
View all 8 featured items
Copied to the Home Page with a redirect to Races/Events. Thanks for sharing!

Reactions: Barefoot Gentile

Support Your Club

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wleffert-test

Latest posts