EBFA: (ZERO) GRAVITY & HUMAN MOVEMENT: Understanding Man, Mars & Movement by Dr. Emily Splichal

Barefoot TJ

Administrator
Staff member
Mar 5, 2010

To appreciate gravity is to understand what happens to our body without it.
For this we need to look at the effects of space flight on movement, or what happens to man on mars.

a8b5149b-17b0-48da-a427-1b13aad21522.jpg

Check out our latest blog

(ZERO) GRAVITY & HUMAN MOVEMENT
Understanding Man, Mars & Movement
by Dr. Emily Splichal

On earth there is an omnipresent force weighing down on our shoulders, allowing us to stand on our two feet and helping bring oxygen and nutrients to every tissue in our body. I am referring to the only constant in the world - gravity.

Although poorly understood and often taken for granted, gravity is the evolutional life force which has defined planet Earth as we know it. In EBFA's education we explore how gravity allows us to "feel" ourselves, by connecting to our proprioceptive and postural systems and allowing us to stand and move.

I like to say, gravity is the sensory driver to human posture and movement.

If the above statement is assumed to be true, then can you manipulate gravity to improve a client or patients posture and movement? Could we somehow use gravity to improve the postural awareness after a stroke? Or to increase foot strength to prevent plantar fasciitis and stress fractures?

I often find that in order to fully appreciate something, we need to experience life without it.

In the case of gravity, what do you think will happen when we take away this constant force which stimulates the very systems that define man?

For this, we need to turn to a hypo gravitational field, or a (wo)man on a mission.

READ THE FULL BLOG!

Check out this recent free webinar we did on
GRAVITY: FRIEND OR FOE?

Gravity & Human Movement Friend or Foe?
with Dr. Emily Splichal

Dr. Emily Splichal + the EBFA Team

Support Your Club

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Raramuri7