Easter Island and Chile

Discussion in 'Barefootedness' started by Ahcuah, Jan 25, 2014.

1. Ahcuah

Ahcuah Barefooters

I'm in the middle of a trip to Easter Island and Chile (totally barefoot, of course). Folks might be interested in my blog posts. Along with fellow barefooter Alan Bruens, we are visiting Machi, barefooter extraordinaire. Here are the entries so far:

Colorful Characters — Machi

Saturday Comic

Worry-Free Restauranting

Whatta Rapa Nui

Orongated

Among the Moai

Just Like Living In Paradise

Also, from any one blog entry there are links to previous and next entries.

Aside from the scenery and history, it's nice to never have to be called out on being barefoot!

2. Ahcuah

Ahcuah Barefooters

Oh, let me link in the Saturday Comic.

[​IMG]

Barefoot TJ and Sid like this.
  3. Barefoot TJ

Barefoot TJ Administrator
    1. Nomad

I have been reading some of your vacation blog posts. Very beautiful scenery and adventurous experiences. I am envious. I look forward to reading more. Do you talk about how you got to the island, your trip? Thanks for sharing here.

4. Ahcuah

Ahcuah Barefooters

I'm not sure quite what you are asking. Obviously, "Whatta Rapa Nui" includes my flight from Santiago to Easter Island (upgraded to barefoot in business class). But basically Alan and I flew from our respective cities, met up in Miami, flew (overnight flight) to Santiago on the same plane, and were met there by Machi. We stayed one night at Machi's apartment in Santiago (hence the restaurant scene in "Worry-Free Restauranting") and then flew to Easter Island all together.

The flight from Easter Island to Machi's home of Puerto Montt got interesting (but not because of bare feet), but I also haven't blogged it yet (haven't got that far). So far I've been barefoot all the way. (The only place I was the least concerned was boarding the plane in Columbus.)

5. Barefoot TJ

1. Nomad

I pictured you all flying in to the island like the scene from Jurassic Park, some small prop plane.

6. Ahcuah

Ahcuah Barefooters

Ah. Well, there's a picture of the plane we came in on (actually 2 pictures) in the post tomorrow morning (1/28).

7. OdiarAmor

OdiarAmor Chapter Presidents
    1. Tennessee

Thanks for sharing. My mom's family is from Chile and I had the opportunity to visit while in high school. I miss it every day.

8. Barefoot TJ

1. Nomad

I see. That's not at all what I imagined. Hee.