Downhill technique?

I went to Apline Mountains in

I went to Apline Mountains in Southern California to play around in the snow when I was about 15 with my mom and saw this really hot looking guy named Tom. Yes! I remember his name! Dreamy. Anywho, he saw me and asked if I wanted to go down one of the slopes on his huge innertube. With him! Dreamy. I was like, "Like for sure!" So there we go to the top, I'm in dreamy land, he climbs onto the innertube, I climb on top of him, dreamy, and down the slope we go, WHEEEEEEEEE! Then we hit this really large mound, sends me flying off the top of him, but somehow, I managed to land right back on top of him, and not so dreamy anymore, OUCHIE MOMMA! I feel like I cracked my back in half! I barely could walk over to where my mom was waiting for me, climbed in the car, and Tom's like, "Like where are you going?" I'm like, "Like Mom just drive!" She took me to the hospital and later a chiropractor told me I had scoliosis. I wonder how?! I've never been the same after that.

Anywho, that's my downhill technique! Take what lessons from it you can.

Thanks, everyone, for your

Thanks, everyone, for your advice, anecdotes, and cautionary tales.

Barefoot Gentile, I tried your advice and I think it worked--leaning back a little, and tightening the core. I felt like I was better able to keep my feet underneath me, and to not overstride.

Although it was definitely a "walking and chewing gum" moment to tighten one area while keeping the arms & legs relaxed...

I do agree with BG, lean back

I do agree with BG, lean back a little, pull your arms up some, and allow your legs to "collapse" under you.

Of course, I havent ran alot of hills, but that is whats worked for me.

Support Your Club

Natural Running Center

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Raramuri7