Dogs are barefoot, too! And they're better runners than any of us.

That could be said for the

That could be said for the four month old, since he was taken from his momma when he was six weeks old, but my old cat was 14-1/2 when he died of intestinal/stomach cancer, and I raised him along with his momma since he was born. In fact, I watched his birth. I never separated them. I kept her and her litter.

I think I just have some weird cats. Hee.

TJ - I forgot about

TJ - I forgot about mentioning Linzi before! Yes, she's very pretty and these days more content to stay wherever it's warmest, kind of preparing for retirement.

She also does what you're describing - she drags plush toys out of the kid's bedroom into the living room, doing that same yowl that you describe. For her, I'm sure it's just old habit. She's calling to show her family what she caught, she does the same thing with mice and is happy to give them to Mellani.

I remember your orange kitty

I remember your orange kitty from when you had her picture as your avatar on Facebook a while back. I would keep seeing her little face popping up over on the right side bar all the time. Always brought a smile to my face.

I have got to upload this video I shot of my kitten to YouTube to share here. It's hysterical! He likes to suck on his tail and make biscuits. He's been doing it since we got him when he was six weeks old. I think he misses him momma.

Tj, funny. they have

Tj, funny. they have staff.

when a dog looks at his owner he thinks "look at this person, they feed me, shelter me, love me, they must be god."

when a cat looks at his owner he thinks "look at this person, they feed me, shelter me, love me, i must be a god."

EXACTLY!  Meow.

EXACTLY! Meow.

Lol Mike!TJ, my one cat is

Lol Mike!

TJ, my one cat is terrified of everything and rarely comes out when we have guests. We picked her up at a cat adoption team and they said some people found her and her siblings. We think she was feral and that this has stuck with her desite us adopting her when she was 6-7 weeks old and she is now 5. The other cat has a pen, pencil, and/or marker fetish and we cannot leave them lying around or she steals them and hides them till she wants to play with them. Dang cat! Errrrrr! Sucks when your doing homework and have to take a break to use the restroom and comeback and your pen is gone.

I totally get that.  They're

I totally get that. They're like ferrets , little bandits. This little kitty I have keeps carrying things under the bed, everything from food, to toys, to dirty socks. I just cleaned under there a few weeks ago, vacuumed, and dusted, and now, there's a bunch of stuff I can't even reach! Ha! I'll turn around, and he'll be running down the hall with something in his mouth. I have to yell to my boys, "Get him, get him, quick! He's got something in his mouth!"

Thats so funny TJ!  We have a

Thats so funny TJ! We have a baby gate up to keep them out of my sons bedroom, which seems to work surprisingly. The one could jump the gate, and she has before, but she doesn't as long as we don't have boxes, suitcases, what have you piled right there.

OMG!  My kitten loves

OMG! My kitten loves Q-tips. It's so gross, so I give him brand new Q-tips and hope that satisfies his need. What a bunch of perverts our cats are! Geez! I wonder where they get it? ;-)

I got your yuck!  Meow!

I got your yuck! Meow!

You're absolutely right,

You're absolutely right, NSDR!

It's the cat's fault. They always always make the conversation about them.

So anyway, I'm finishing cuppa java #2 now and then going out for a run. The dog is asleep under the dining room table... Should I get her up and take her with me? Hmmmmm... She looks so warm and cozy there and I can hear the cold wind howling outside, and it's raining...

Stay tuned for an update! Lol

Got that Raggae look going. 

Got that Raggae look going. Cute!

i went for a run today to go

i went for a run today to go meet and run with Dr Ray Mclanahan and his Pt partner. they do group runs and intros every monday. PG and i went down to run with them. in turned out to be more of a clinic and no run was involved. so PG and i ran back to his car. from there i ran across the river on the waterfront. portland is known as "rose city" as well as "bridge town" because the willamette river cuts through the center of it.

as i was finishing my run and going down the off ramp of the bridge i let my dog's leash go. he got excited and sprinted off to the left. i told him go get the birds and he crossed in front of me and jumped off the bridge. my heart stopped as i watched him fall thinking i just killed my dog. i watched him panick in the air when he realized what he did and then bounce in the dirt. i ran as fast as i could over to him. he sat there in shock not moving until i got there. he came to me slowly as i had to unhook the leash that was caught in a bush.

i started looking him over to see how he was. a bum came over to see what just fell. he was in shock it was my dog. my dog was in shock and i was horrified. my heart was racing. i squeezed all of his bones to make sure nothing was broken. he didn't even flinch. he just sat there shaking, scared. i talked to the man for a minute and then walked my dog so he could shake it off.

he did fine on the walk. we got to an open field and i saw some seagulls. so did he and he got excited. i let him off leash and off he went chasing them. he was prancing around after they flew off. i knew then he forgot all about what happened. i however haven't. we got home and he went straight for his food. he ate and has been laying around moving from spot to spot since. i'm just going to have to check him tomorrow and make sure he's not bruised or has internal bleeding.

i got so damn lucky today. i was only worried about cars and here he gave me something else to worry about. little bastard. i'd miss him. it would be to soon to see him go especially with something avoidable like that.

oh my God, Mike, damn... glad

oh my God, Mike, damn... glad he turned out alright but, definitely, get him checked for internal damage and give us an update! How high would you estimate the fall was??? He landed on concrete? I don't quite follow the scenario.

I got shaken up just reading your story, I'd be a wreck if it had happened to Leni!

Good luck, both of ya's.

Oh no, Mike!  I was so

Oh no, Mike! I was so worried for you and him reading that. I am so sorry for your dog and your scare. I hope he will be okay. Poor thing.

he's walking around no

he's walking around no problems. since it's early morning he went outside and came inside straight to his chair to sleep and snore. he hit dirt from around 20 feet or so. it was scary as hell and it took all night, till maybe this morning for my adrenaline to come down. no running for us for a couple of days. don't want to push him and i should rest my foot also.

You scared the sh!t out of me

You scared the sh!t out of me when you called me cuz I could hear the alarm in your voice and I thought you were going to say he died. You should be inspecting his poo and urine for blood today...just in case. And give him another massage! I'm sure he's feeling it today. Poor babies (you too) ;) Glad he's ok.

Support Your Club

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hadashi jon