Dogs are barefoot, too! And they're better runners than any of us.

Jen he scared the crap out of

Jen he scared the crap out of me too when he called me. I could hear in his voice something was wrong. He hadn't even made it to his car yet when he called. Mike, listen to Jen and really watch his poo and pee today. Almost wonder if you should take him in to just make sure there is no internal damage. Better to find out early than later...

palouserider wrote: a couple

palouserider said:
a couple of days off from exercising and monitor vital signs (capillary refill time,...

what the heck is that and how do you monitor it from home?

he's acting normal. i took

he's acting normal. i took him to the park to do his business and play in the snow, that already melted. he was running and jumping around like he normaly does. his pee is yellow and his poop is the same. he's pretty damn sturdy it seems. must be all that running he does and hits on the chest from me.

Man, I have not taken my dog

Man, I have not taken my dog on my last 3 runs and she has started peeing on the carpet. I think she is mad.

That is a precious picture,

That is a precious picture, Willie. I didn't know you were such as softy...like me.

Great picture! Makes me want

Great picture! Makes me want to snuggle up with my dogs. :)

Capillary refill time check can be a good indicator of low blood pressure, low heart rate or dehydration. It can be done in people and in animals and is a good thing to check when internal injuries are suspected.

Here's the wikipedia link:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Capillary_refill

Yeah, homeless people usually

Yeah, homeless people usually take surprisingly good care of their dogs. Even the junkies do. I've talked to quite a few recovered addicts who've told me this and I've seen it first hand as well. Most wouldn't hesitate to sacrifice their own life if it means the dog survives.

They can sympathize with the

They can sympathize with the strays better than we can, as they are all strays, so it makes sense to me.

dogs love you no matter what,

dogs love you no matter what, even if you give up on yourself. people give up on you.

A homeless person's dog

A homeless person's dog spends 24/7 with a master who never leaves him alone. They're an unshakable, unbreakable team. That's what dogs like most and they're the happiest dogs of all.

Someone told me that about 12 years ago and since I now have a dog as well, I really understand it :)

Support Your Club

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hadashi jon