Dealing with Rude people

We have those too, and 13.1s

We have those too, and 13.1s as well. Check out the store. They are mega cheap too, and you can buy just one if you like, so you don't have to buy in bulk.

"hey get some shoes"1. "i'm

"hey get some shoes"

1. "i'm wearing the shoes god made me thank you."

2. "i'm wearing my birthday shoes."

"hey you forgot your shoes"

1. "oh man again!"

2. "doh! i knew i forgot something! thanks!"

"aren't you cold?"

1. "no, i'm running."

2. "yes but i just wanted to freak you out."

i get surprised comments and curiousity questions. haven't dealt with any rude people. i won't bother with them because they probably just enjoy fighting. i've been trying to think of a come back about my dog being bf since i always run with him.

or just don't worry about them and smile. if your not smiling while bfin your doing something wrong.

mike

I had somebody yell that same

I had somebody yell that same thing at me from out of a car window. "Get some shoes on!!" Seriously. You're sitting in your car like a lazy ass and you're gonna yell that at me as I run down the street? About 5 minutes later an auto mechanic yelled the same thing at me. It was a bad day. But it hasn't happened since in my many months of barefooting.

Just remember it's THEIR problem. "No one can hurt you without your permission" _Eleanor Roosevelt

Barefoot Mary wrote:I had

Barefoot Mary said:
I had somebody yell that same thing at me from out of a car window. "Get some shoes on!!" Seriously. You're sitting in your car like a lazy ass and you're gonna yell that at me as I run down the street?

I had that same exact thing happen! So surreal when they can't even bother to stop their car or put down their soda.

I think people are afraid of

I think people are afraid of what they don't know. My guess is for the general population people with bare feet (except for the beach in summer, go in the same category as people who are homeless/poor, people who are mentally ill, people who are too lazy to work and people who don't "fit in" for some reason.

I think "Born to Run" has helped a lot and prejudice will go down over time. In the meantime I like the approach of a response that is proportional to the offense. If someone is curious and just clumsy in how they talk give em a break and explain. I like to mention to people that in some sports people are routinely barefoot (martial arts, ballet, gymnastics).

If someone is offensive ignoring is my first choice, if that does not work I like to ask the person to explain EXACTLY HOW they feel about this. Given that most people like to be heard this might diffuse the situation enough to where they realize that they are dealing with an intelligent human being in spite of the bare feet and it might open a door.

Support Your Club

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Raramuri7