Christopher McDougall Interview on the Billy Yang Podcast

I listened to the interview. I don't think Chris spoke specifically about the "shoe debate" being included in the BTR movie. Just the mere inclusion of Barefoot Ted in the movie will "re-spark" interest in barefoot/minimalist running (VFFs mostly), but if the actual debate material is included, I can see the BRS membership really growing.

Thoughts?

I listened to the interview. I don't think Chris spoke specifically about the "shoe debate" being included in the BTR movie. Just the mere inclusion of Barefoot Ted in the movie will "re-spark" interest in barefoot/minimalist running (VFFs mostly), but if the actual debate material is included, I can see the BRS membership really growing.

Thoughts?
I agree. Just the mention of a guy who runs "barefoot" and the Tarahumara who run almost barefoot will get the concept out into the world again. People will start googleing, and one thing will lead to another. At least now there is a minimalist trend in running community. A B2R movie may push a lot of people over to giving barefoot a try. We'll see.

Support Your Club

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Raramuri7