Can't get away from BFR sometimes ;)

So as some of you may know I am a young aspiring medical professional. Here I am studying on my own and I am reading a book about movement by a physical therapist named Gray Cook. The book is actually called Movement and is about how he approaches evaluating and treating injuries based off of human movement patterns.

Well after reading Chapter 1, I was watching a review type video on his website: http://graycookmovement.com/?p=56 and encountered a tiny segment related to barefoot running. Fastforward to 15:00mins and have a quick listen.

Everything I do during the day whether it is on my own or at work seems to get tied back to barefoot running. Perhaps it is because movement is the essence of life ;)

I can't get away from it either, and I can't even run at the moment! Hee. I'll listen shortly.

He gets it! Pain is a great teacher. Barefoot running is self-limiting. Our skin through sensory feedback teaches us better than any other teacher how best to run with proper form; whereas shoes mask any pain that would have otherwise taught us a necessary lesson on how to correct our form to prevent injuries.

So as some of you may know I am a young aspiring medical professional. Here I am studying on my own and I am reading a book about movement by a physical therapist named Gray Cook. The book is actually called Movement and is about how he approaches evaluating and treating injuries based off of human movement patterns.

Well after reading Chapter 1, I was watching a review type video on his website: http://graycookmovement.com/?p=56 and encountered a tiny segment related to barefoot running. Fastforward to 15:00mins and have a quick listen.

Everything I do during the day whether it is on my own or at work seems to get tied back to barefoot running. Perhaps it is because movement is the essence of life ;)
Wow, really dig that, thanks for sharing Mr. AK. I like the way he ties BFR to a more general philosophy with wide application. Explains why so many of us get hooked on the barefoot lifestyle, not just barefoot running. Links to the Greek and Eastern holistic ideas. Sounds like you've chosen a great profession and take on it.

And the concept of BFR being self-limiting is another idea that has wide application.

Support Your Club

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hadashi jon