Burning pain under 2nd meta head?

nature runner

Barefooters
Jun 13, 2010
I've been running on gravel to avoid having my MT flare up. But, yesterday I had a strange feeling at the end of my 3 mile run. beside ball under 2nd met, it felt like a burning sharp pain? it lasted for an hour then swelled a little, but today it's fine just a little sore. I didn't run today rode my bike instead. What could this be?

I experience a very similar

I experience a very similar pain recently, and it turns out i somehow fractured my foot. Doctors cant see fractures till 3-4 weeks in either, so its best to just take it easy and if running hurts at all, dont do it.

barefoot kean wrote:I

barefoot kean said:
I experience a very similar pain recently, and it turns out i somehow fractured my foot. Doctors cant see fractures till 3-4 weeks in either, so its best to just take it easy and if running hurts at all, dont do it.

Hey thanks for the info, I did step on a chunky sizable rock the day before. I have since switched to riding my bike after that weird burning pain and soreness. I think I will stick to biking til it feels better. problem is, I have just gotten a good form down and my stride is great, my mileage is picking up, and then this, dang a man can't catch a break haha!

You don't remember if you

You don't remember if you stepped on something?

Barefoot TJ wrote:You don't

Barefoot TJ said:
You don't remember if you stepped on something?

Yes I did, wrote it in my last statement, it was a chunky size of gravel, was dodging a dog and it got me while I was distracted :(

Oh, that must have been a

Oh, that must have been a different thread. Sorry. Maybe you have a deep bone bruise or deep soft tissue injury.

the bike is a great idea

the bike is a great idea though. When i went to the doctor he asked if i had a bike and said that they are great because of the lack of any real impact. and i know how ya feel about not being able to catch a break. my injury couldnt have come at a worse time (except for perhaps a week or two before IBRD).

This was on gravel? Different

This was on gravel? Different than MT patch flare?

Nyal wrote:This was on

Nyal said:
This was on gravel? Different than MT patch flare?

Yea, the gravel usually don't flare my MT problem. I was doing so good getting my mileage up and losing 28 lbs, I thought i finally had a break through, and i stepped on that rock and my foot went crazy, could not have happened at a worse time. I am at a steady progress point right now :( But i will bouce back, my bike is keeping my cardio up til my foot gets better. I wanted to do my first 5k barefoot. I have never entered a 5k before. Hopefully it's minor and I can get back into it soon!

Update:   I think stepping on

Update: I think stepping on the rock was minor, I ran 4 miles barefoot yesterday and 3.5 today on my gravel path yay!

This is the best news I heard

This is the best news I heard all day. OK, so it's only 11:30, but so far you are the winner.

Support Your Club

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Raramuri7

Latest posts