BRS Mobile... Is it a future possibility?

Barefoot Brown

Barefooters
Apr 14, 2011
Des Moines
I'm not sure about you folks, but I'm constantly on my smart phone (HTC EVO) at work, the doctors office, the dentist, you name it. I have read probably 5 or 6 books with the kindle app, along with utilizing it for many other things. I really would like a user friendly BRS forum app. I am able to view the BRS website using Googles mobile view, which works well for reading it, but it won't allow me to make posts. In order to do that, I have to pull up the full website which really bogs down my phone. I have spoke with TJ in the past about the possibility of a BRS forum app, but her schedule is so busy, the thought is probably not towards the anterior portion of her brain (can you tell I'm in nursing school. :))

I'm not very familiar with how forum apps work. I have no idea how much money, time, and stress is involved. I have only did minimal research and found a website called tapatalk. I'm not exactly sure how it works, but it states that it is free, and can be very useful. I'm not very computer savvy when it comes to things like this, so that is why I am opening up this thread for discussion.

Is there anyone out there that is familiar with this? Is this a task that someone else could take on, with the permission of TJ of course. ;)

If anything, maybe this thread can serve as a good source for the future if and when we go mobile.

a quick google shows that

a quick google shows that Apparently there is a drupal module for tapatalk. So it's possible, but I'm not sure how it fits into other development needs for the site, of which I know there are several.

I like the idea, though.

We have had the request

We have had the request before. It's not something I can manage at this time though. Perhaps a future project.

Support Your Club

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Raramuri7