Bowling Shoes

dutchie53

Barefooters
Nov 6, 2011
Winnipeg
For those of us who bowl and now have a aversion to anything with heels, there is a simple solution. Just use your zero lift type shoes and pull a sock over the front part of your sliding foot leaving your heel exposed, and leave your push off foot as is. That is what I am using now on the bowling lanes. Tried my bowling shoes at the start of the season and found the 20 mm of heel lift was throwing my entire balance off. Then I remembered that sometimes on heavy approaches that I used to pull a sock over my slider, so with that in mind I tried it with my KIGO shoes and voila, min bowling shoes. :D

Reactions: NickW
I'm bowling tomorrow morning, I may have to bring a spare pair of socks and minshoes to put in my bag just in case my actual bowling shoes don't fit right anymore... Thanks for the great idea Dutchie!

I grew up in a bowling alley, so bowling shoes don't bother me too much. Besides I'm only taking four steps in them at a time. LOL. I don't know if I'd be able to bowl in min shoes because I think I would feel to awkward in my approach...lol. Good luck to you with those. What are your averages? I haven't bowled in a league in years, but I was about 190-200 (depending on how many leagues I was bowling) and have only been out to bowl maybe 5 times in the last 2 1/2 years. Still get around 185-190, but not as consistent as I used to be.

I quit 10 pin bowling (10 years ago) due to it being to easy. :rolleyes: Right now I am 5 pin bowling, used to be pretty good at it but due to injuries (not running related) I am no longer competitive. Mostly coach 5 pin bowling now, from little kids to elite bowlers. I found that when I put on my bowling this year I felt like I was tipping forward. But the min shoes with the sock on the sliding foot worked okay for me. Went from a 5 step approach to a 3 last year, trying to reduce the variables. :)

Support Your Club

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Raramuri7