Bonjour de Strasbourg / France

SachaL

Barefooters
Sep 16, 2012
Strasbourg / France
Hi there,

I'm barefooting in Strasbourg. I started my "transition" 7 months ago.
At the beginning, I started by running 5 minutes in socks (no kidding) at the end of each running in shoes. Then I had a MovNat workshop I got some serious advices about how to run properly. I began to run for longer periods of time, slowly increasing the lenght of my sessions. At the beginning, I used VFF but they gave me blisters so I went on fully barefoot during the whole summer.
No I'm running approx. 30-45 minutes barefoot without major problems.
I'm looking for other barefooters in Strasbourg to train together in the fresh autumn air so feel free to contact me

Bonjour de Strasbourg
SachaL

Welcome!

Sacha:

Welcome to our crew. I lived in Stuttgart in the mid-1990's, which is not too far to drive for a run, and I've been to Strassbourg many times. Unfortunately, you were probably 3 years old at the time. I've been back in the US for 16 years since. Your story of transition sounds much like mine, except I didn't wisely go slowly at first. I went too fast and too far (in VFFs) and broke a bone in my left foot. On my second attempt at learning BFR, I slowed down, went shorter, and went BF. I've been doing it successfully now for 2 years, thanks to lots of good advice and answers from the helpful folks here. Ask lots of questions, and good luck finding someone who can run with you in your beautiful city.

Hi Phil, I actually almost had an injury too : while hicking in the Mountains Barefoot, I hit a stone with my big toe and that hurt for about 6 weeks... Wasn't broken but close. Actually, in the mid-1990's, I was more like 13 years old but thanks for the compliment.