Blistanalysis Please!

triing

Barefooters
Nov 29, 2011
Got this steenkin' bleestah right below the left ball, under big toe, from my long run on Friday. Any idea why? I think my arch gave out along the way letting me over pronate. Does that sound right? Here's a pic.

50fd3829-aa51-4a12-96af-d140862431dc.Large.jpg

For me, when I get blisters

For me, when I get blisters in the spot it's because I'm not landing with my foot directly in front of me and slightly in front of me. I can also get that blister from pushing off and landing to far up on my foot. Maybe someone else will have more ideas but for me this is what causes blisters on the ball of my foot like that.

Pushing off or grinding in. 

Pushing off or grinding in. Doesn't have anything to do with pronation problems.

Blisters on the fore feet (balls of feet, toes, etc.) indicate pushing off; blisters on the heels indicate heel striking, scuffing.

Concentrate on bending your knees more (but don't go overboard, since you don't want to over tax your calf muscles) to help you avoid heel striking, but also help you to not push off and get over your center of mass/gravity.

Try again, and let us know how it goes this time. With more and more practice, blisters will be a thing of the past. We all tend to get over them eventually.

Pushing off or off camber

Pushing off or off camber road. I got one in the same spot in my wet Half Marathon from a stretch of road like that. I should have moved over to the flat side. I'll know for next time.

Haler when you figure it out!

-Jonny

Do you have any pics of it?

Do you have any pics of it? Lots of time its easier to tell by actually looking at the blisters themselves and their shape and orientation.

Hope their healing fast!

Barefoot TJ wrote:pushing

Barefoot TJ said:
Pushing off or grinding in. Doesn't have anything to do with pronation problems.

Blisters on the fore feet (balls of feet, toes, etc.) indicate pushing off; blisters on the heels indicate heel striking, scuffing.

Concentrate on bending your knees more (but don't go overboard, since you don't want to over tax your calf muscles) to help you avoid heel striking, but also help you to not push off and get over your center of mass/gravity.

Try again, and let us know how it goes this time. With more and more practice, blisters will be a thing of the past. We all tend to get over them eventually.

ditto! ^^

Thanks everyone. I'm

Thanks everyone. I'm currently dealing with a greater potential problem. No doubt related. I ran Monday and I felt it during the run. Posterior tibial tendon pain!!!! In my right leg!!! I know what it is since I've dealt with it during my transition to minimalist style running in my shod days. But that was my left leg. So what ever I was doing wrong then I'm doing wrong now but on the other side!?! Two days of forced rest, swimming and spin class. I'm off tomorrow so I can run in the woods when the sun comes up. I'll keep you posted.

Did the ice massage last

Did the ice massage last night. Thought I'd be able to run some trails this morning but the park was closed for deer hunt. I toyed with the idea of telling the guy that I AM a persistence hunter :smile: Ran some hilly dirt roads instead. I had my KSOs on, so no blisters, but my tendon bothered me quite a bit right around mile 4-5 but got better later. Don't know whether to cut mileage or stop for a while to heal.

triing wrote:Thought I'd be

triing said:
Thought I'd be able to run some trails this morning but the park was closed for deer hunt. I toyed with the idea of telling the guy that I AM a persistence hunter :smile:

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

Support Your Club

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Raramuri7

Latest posts