Bike and Run Combo!!..AND BAREFOOT!!!

swimmerunner

Barefooters
May 13, 2012
Fort Wayne IN
Well, I did it! I managed to get back to running after almost KILLING my left calf. I had a overuse-poor technique injury last Monday. I combined a 35 min Bike ride with a 20 min run(to see what it felt like). I WAS able to still run! I used my Vibram KSOs, and went 15 min with NO PAIN in my calf (Midfoot striking instead of frontfoot) which is better in the long run! No pun intended!!! LOL. I FINALLY tried true BAREFOOT running, which I accomplished in a 5 minute run. All i can say is...WOW!!!! the feeling is very UPLIFTING!!!!!!! If you run minimalist, you out to TRY true BAREFOOT!!!!!

I am currently 5 ft 10 in and now 205. I run-Barefoot-minimalist, bike, and lap swim-but do not consider myself a triathlete. Would like to get to 175 or 180. My current pants size is 34, sometimes a

32. Would really be AWESOME if I could get into a size 30, which I have not seen for YEARS!!!!!
smiley-laughing.gif
spaz.gif

I see you brought along your own smileys! From that "other place," no doubt.

Try out this little guy --> :barefoot:

Welcome!

:barefoot: :barefoot:
Sorry about the smileys!!! Todays entry....Well, I did it AGAIN!
This time I combined a 50 min Bike ride with a 10 min run(to see what it felt like). I WAS able to still run! I used my Vibram KSOs, and RAN with NO PAIN in my calf.
Still Midfoot striking instead of frontfoot, which is better in the long run! No pun intended!!! LOL.

I am the RUNNER, who is back from INJURY!!!!:barefoot::barefoot: