BFR Gramps

Longboard

Chapter Presidents
May 13, 2010
282823_4283325600514_718122290_n.jpg

Almost forgot!
And while I was busy reading the forums, my wife Diane was focused on making the hat.

Awwwwwwwwww! Look at that. So SWEET and PRECIOUS! The hat is adorable just like her!

Thanks, I will finaly see her "live" in person in a week and a half.

Congrats! What will she call you?
Will she call you gramps?
Will she call you pop-pop?
Will she call you grandpa?
Will she call you pops?
Will she call you old man?

(A list of questions instead of sentences);)

According to our daughter she will call me Grandpa.
According to my wife and sons (and I concur as well) she will call me Papa Abba.
Of course there's a story, and it has nothing to do with Swedish pop groups.

Reactions: barefoot ramzev
Hmm, Papa Abba doesn't quite flow off the tongue. I bet it gets shortened to Papaba. Of course, this comes from a woman who was "Aunt Fish" for two years.

My son calls my father-in-law "beebop" That is his interpretation of grandpop.

My kids call my mom, their grandma, The Who. That's right. That's what I have taught them to call her. I told her not to move away to Florida, where all old folks migrate to, that my new hubby (12 years ago) and I were going to have kids. That they would need their grandma. But, No! She moves down there anyway! I told her that her own grand kids will not even know who she is. That I would mention her and they would say, "Who?" Exactly. So after she moved away, and I started having kids (that sounds so strange), I renamed her The Who. Now whenever she calls or visits, they refer to her "always" as The Who. Whenever they address her in conversations, it's always, "Who, ..." Exactly. Happy sigh.

Reactions: BarefootJL

Support Your Club

Natural Running Center

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OldManHemingway